Profile Picture

WTB: Autolite 2100 Phenolic Spacer

Posted By mac 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (48 reputation)Normally aspirated (48 reputation)Normally aspirated (48 reputation)Normally aspirated (48 reputation)Normally aspirated (48 reputation)Normally aspirated (48 reputation)Normally aspirated (48 reputation)Normally aspirated (48 reputation)Normally aspirated (48 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I'm looking for a phenolic spacer. In disassembling my Autolite 2100 for a rebuild the spacer cracked. It is a 1964 F100, 292, Autolite 2100. 
Tedster
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Listed for 2300 but should work. 1/2" includes two gaskets and manifold hardware. $40 delivered.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F232931457795

mac
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (48 reputation)Normally aspirated (48 reputation)Normally aspirated (48 reputation)Normally aspirated (48 reputation)Normally aspirated (48 reputation)Normally aspirated (48 reputation)Normally aspirated (48 reputation)Normally aspirated (48 reputation)Normally aspirated (48 reputation)

I didn't think to search for 2300's Thank You! Mine is the style pictured below, do you think it would matter? 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/f5effa14-62fd-4b74-a96d-df17.jpg
Ted
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
My preference when both carb spacer styles are available is to install the spacer with the two separated carb holes versus the spacer that has the an opening or slot between the holes.  You’ll find an increase in the manifold vacuum when going with the carb spacer that has two distinct holes in it rather than the one you have that has the two holes interconnected.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

KULTULZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
The take-off spacer you show is FORD 2100 dedicated in that the spacer matches the 2100 CARB base plate shape.

The H2300 spacer should work if there is no interference at the rear of the carb/intake carb pad.

Listen to TED. The replacement spacer should work perfectly.

EDIT-

Unless the opening on the FORD 2100 spacer throttle bores exposes a vacuum inlet on your particular 2100. The carb base gasket will give you a clue.

(Covering my butt here ... Whistling )

mac
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

I pulled the trigger on the 2300 spacer. In fact my latest 2100 rebuild kit came with gaskets for the two distinct bores so I laid those over the old single slot and it covers the exact same way. I'm confident it will work. Thank you Ted, Tedster and Kultulz. 

Reading This Topic

Site Meter