Profile Picture

C-4 upgrade on y block,

Posted By Melly 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (582 reputation)Supercharged (582 reputation)Supercharged (582 reputation)Supercharged (582 reputation)Supercharged (582 reputation)Supercharged (582 reputation)Supercharged (582 reputation)Supercharged (582 reputation)Supercharged (582 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Would like to here from thoughts that have put a c-4 in. Pros and cons. How it works with everyday use on street? Are you pleased with the upgrade? Any this that makes it works. How you make you column shift work?
paul2748
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
I put one in my TBird.  Very happy with it.  Like the 1st gear take off, makes it much more driveable.  Another advantage is that it is much lighter weight wise and I think it uses less horsepower to operate it.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

DryLakesRacer
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
From all I've read get an adapter like Mummert sell which replaces the entire bellhousing and not an adapter plate. I put a medium base 62 Cruise-O-Matic in my 56 but after it was done a C4 may have been easier.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
paul2748
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Mine was a Tbird and I used the factory shifter.  I did have to modify the kick down rod.  If you have a column shift, than make sure that the C4 comes out of a car with a column shifter as the position of the shift rod at the trans is different.  Some C4's (mine is a 1980) have a dual position shift rod at the trans so it can be used with both a column and floor shifter. 

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter