Profile Picture

Hi, From Argentina

Posted By Ratamahata 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Greetings from Argentina... My name is Leandro... Right now I have two projects, a Banger powered 28 Rpu with stock frame, mechanical brakes, 32 heavy axle with reverse spring and some others mods...
I have a 32 PU too... The plan is rebuild an Y-Block... I found a decent USA block C1AE casting I thing HD truck... And another complete engine... The engine arrive in two days... So I don't know well what I buy...
Found a pair of ECR heads too, needs rebuild but it's better than the Argentinian heads...

I got a Hot rod Ford and two dollar bill...
WhatsApp +54 9 3496 512986
paul2748
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Welcome - are the heads U.S.A.?  Don't remember those  particular  prefix letters.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

darrell
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 12:38:56 AM
56 truck heads low comp.never had a set.
Ratamahata
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)

Yes... Mine's are ECR-C heads...Made in USA... In Argentina the Y blocks were imported to the 64' I think... Then the Y Block called (Fase 1) was released...
The entire engine was produced in Argentina, only 6.5 to 1 compression in the heads due to the poor naptha in my country...

Ratamahata
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Another complete engine with an two bbl style manifold is coming... I know that the block is Argentinian made... But I suspect that the heads would be USA heads....

miker
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Welcome to the site. I’ve seen your build thread over on the HAMB, glad to see it’s back underway.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Ratamahata
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Yes Sr. Thanks for the reply....

Ted
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 days ago
Welcome to the site.

If the ECR heads have the sodium filled exhaust valves, then it’s highly recommended to replace those.  The sodium tends to eat the valve stems from the inside to outside and causes considerable damage when the valve heads separate as a result.  My own fix for those heads that came equipped with sodium exhausts is to install new guides that downsizes the stem size to 11/32” where a conventional exhaust valve can be used.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Ratamahata
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Ted (10/25/2018)
Welcome to the site.

If the ECR heads have the sodium filled exhaust valves, then it’s highly recommended to replace those.  The sodium tends to eat the valve stems from the inside to outside and causes considerable damage when the valve heads separate as a result.  My own fix for those heads that came equipped with sodium exhausts is to install new guides that downsizes the stem size to 11/32” where a conventional exhaust valve can be used.

Many Thanks for the advice Ted... I'll look carefully... It's seems you're Right because the valves looks very stuck in the Head, At some point the heads would stayed outside...

Reading This Topic

Site Meter