Profile Picture

1957 292

Posted By mars54 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi,
 I need a oil dip stick, does anyone have resources for a replacement?
Thanks
Mario
charliemccraney
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
Ebay for NOS

Some truck and T-bird dipsticks are reproduced.  You might be able to modify one of those.

Lawrenceville, GA
paul2748
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Dipsticks for the front mount (sedans) are almost impossible to locate.  I looked for months for one, no one had anything.  Mine broke just above where the "cup" was, so the depth for measuring purposes was intact.  I ended up buying a Tbird repro ( it is longer than the sedans) and remarking it (made notches at the add oil mark and the fill mark) to the sedan specs.  I don't know about the truck sticks, but if like the Tbirds (side mount) they be be long enough to do the same thing.

What I don't understand is why some one doesn't make one for the sedans if they can make it for the Tbirds.  There has to be a bigger market for the sedan ones vs the TBird ones.

You might try Hill's Restorations in Ohio.  Besides Tbirds, they restore all kinds of Fords and have access to used parts

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

mars54
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thanks all I will try this.
Mario

KULTULZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
If this helps-

B7A 6750-B
1957/58 FORD 272-292-312 - Non A/C - On CYL Block - Approx 24 3/4" OL

49/59 MPC

Reading This Topic

Site Meter