Profile Picture

LYB truck camshaft

Posted By jlb51 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I have two new LYB truck camshafts, which I bought thinking they would my 368 LYB, they won't as they are the gear driven type. Any ideas on where I can list them for sale? I checked the ford truck enth site, but there does.t seem to be a site dedicated to these engines. Any ideas?
2721955meteor
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
jlb51 (8/15/2018)
I have two new LYB truck camshafts, which I bought thinking they would my 368 LYB, they won't as they are the gear driven type. Any ideas on where I can list them for sale? I checked the ford truck enth site, but there does.t seem to be a site dedicated to these engines. Any ideas?

strictly bigger trucks,and industrial engines,big job ford trucks of old. ford truck group may help you
FORD DEARBORN
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 7 days ago
If this cam is indeed a gear driven cam then it is more than likely not for the Lincoln Y-block. Ford made, starting around 1958, a truck/industrial engine with displacements of 401, 477 and 534 cu. in.. Was a very high torque low rpm work horse never used in passenger cars. An excellent engine for it's intended purpose. It was considered an alternative to a Diesel. This may be the application for the cam you have. Is there a part number you could post?- I'll try to look it up. Or, if you could post a picture of it, like, does it have (if memory still  works) a triangular bolt pattern on the front end?   JEFF...............

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
jlb51
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)

That may very well be. I'll get some pictures as soon as I get home this weekend. I've had these cams for years, time to clear some things out . Hopefully some one can use them.  Jeff
KULTULZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

The LYB HT 302-332 did have gear driven cams (reverse rotation).

Best place will be EvilBay or the FTE website.

FORD DEARBORN
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 7 days ago
Greetings to all  Thanks Kultulz for the memory jogger regarding the dedicated truck Lincoln Y. I knew of them but forgot they were geared cams. I think the Lincoln truck engine disappeared from production sometime before 1964?  The 534 remained in production through the 60's and into the 70's, if my memory is working. In case I may be out of town next week, I'll share some information I found regarding part numbers of the cams: For the Lincoln 302/332 truck engine it's C3TZ-6250-A.   For the 401, 477 & 534 engine it's C0TZ-6250-D, 18 teeth distributor gear, 13 teeth governor gear.  Hopefully this info will allow you to ID the cams & offer them on the best market.   Hope this helps, JEFF.......................

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
jlb51
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

I laid this cam along side a 368 LYB cam,  same with the exception of the distributor gear and the front cam bearing , which is much larger.   I"ll list them on FTE  website , just want them to go to someone who can use them.  Thanks for all you guys help.  Jeff

KULTULZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

That is much appreciated!

Hate to see old parts go to the circular file ...

Reading This Topic

Site Meter