Y-block Spark plug wiring positions through grommets and clamps

Posted By bergmanj 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Y-block Spark plug wiring positions through grommets and clamps

Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 56 minutes ago
Folks,
Some time ago I "ran-into" information about how to route spark plug wires through the grommets/clams in specific positions to minimize potential for cross-firing.  I can't find that info. anywhere now.  Does somebody have the directions/drawings/tech service bulletin information that you can supply on that subject?
Thanks,  JLB

55 Ford Crown Victoria Steel Top
bergmanj
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)

Bump.  What? Nothing??

Thanks, JLB

Tedster
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Here's some pics that I found useful from Ted Eaton and others. Should get you going anyway.

Ted
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 days ago
Here’s the wiring orientation for the spark plug wires from the CASCO site.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/460f6e43-dbdb-498e-9c8f-2a09.jpg 

Here’s the link for the full size version.
http://www.classictbird.com/pdf/12259ab.pdf

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Tedster
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Ted, thanks for posting that. But, there ain't no way no how I'm gonna go out and check and swap wires around in those $&&!@?! things lol. Once they are installed they are great, other than that I hate 'em. That "cheat sheet" to get them setup is the bomb though!
56-79C
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
bergmanj--

Here is an item from Service Letter P-297, dated Feb 28, 1956.

I ran across this after I replaced my wires in the new looms per the instructions in the shop manual, which appear to be the same as the Casco instructions. I havent had any misfiring, but if my 56 292 seems to be idling a little rough, I wonder if I should make this change. But then I look under the hood and remember thinking that whoever designed the Y block wiring and looms etc should be shot. Maybe there's more room to work on a Bird, but it's painful in a pc. Anyway, take a look at the Service Letter item:

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/f4c5df80-e5f2-4599-b78b-e94d.jpg
KULTULZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
That SERVICE LETTER is nice to know if you use a hot ignition.

bergmanj
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

That's the one!!!!

Thank you very much!

I hope that this also helps others.

Thanks again, JLB

Reading This Topic

Site Meter