Profile Picture

Y-block Plug wires, grommets, and brackets recommendations???

Posted By bergmanj 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Y-block Plug wires, grommets, and brackets recommendations???

Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 hours ago
I'm also looking for recommendations as to where to buy a complete kit of spark plug wires, grommets, and grommet brackets for my Y-block.

Thanks,  JLB

55 Ford Crown Victoria Steel Top
Lou
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Any T-bird parts supplier should have them.
darrell
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
lyou often see them on ebay as we
oldcarmark
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Weeks Ago
bergmanj (8/8/2018)
I'm also looking for recommendations as to where to buy a complete kit of spark plug wires, grommets, and grommet brackets for my Y-block.

Thanks,  JLB

I just got a Set from National Parts Depot (NPD) listed under the 55-57 Thunderbird Parts. Best Price I found from several Sources and it comes as a complete Set of all required in One Bag. They also have the Tin Heat Shields that Bolt onto the Exhaust Manifold at again a very good Price. Forget the used Ones on Ebay. Wires I ordered the best Premium Ones that Rock Auto sells. Standard 7 MM Type. I don't need the Hi-Po 8mm Ones.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
Tedster
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
WR3801B is Motorcraft that will work. A couple wires cut it close lengthwise but they are good quality and not too spendy. They are carbon core resistance wires. May or may not be what you want there.

The brackets and loom deals, unique to the Y are available as a kit from DC and Mac's and a few others probably.
cokefirst
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (292 reputation)Supercharged (292 reputation)Supercharged (292 reputation)Supercharged (292 reputation)Supercharged (292 reputation)Supercharged (292 reputation)Supercharged (292 reputation)Supercharged (292 reputation)Supercharged (292 reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
I hate trying to replace plug wires and the grommets on a Y block.  Casco, (Thunderbird parts) has a jig.  They charge an extra few bucks to assemble the wires, grommets and retainers in the right position so it is a simple bolt on operation.  Well worth the few extra bucks in my opinion.  They do them for all three year Thunderbirds, and the passenger car is the same.  
Shaggy
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Also if you arent happy with what's out there, check out brillman. They dont have sets, but they have all kinds of offbeat electrical stuff. Order, ends, boots and whatever flavor of wire you could want, and make your own
bergmanj
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Yup! Pain in the a$$ to replace when engine's in the vehicle. But, my motor's "out"; so, will be relatively easy on this one.

Probably going to order kit from NPD; thanks for all the other references, though - they may well be helpful to me or others in future.

Thanks again, JLB

55 Ford Crown Victoria Steel Top

Reading This Topic

Site Meter