Profile Picture

Speaking of interiors for '56

Posted By Joe-JDC 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Where do you folks find the best stock appearing seat covers, carpeting for a '56 Fairlane Club Sedan?  I would hate to change the interior much from the stock type, color.  Joe-JDC

JDC
paul2748
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Never dealt with this vendor, but he advertises in the CVA mag  as being in business for as long time.

Ron's Auto Upholstery  215-378-0894. 

Maybe some here that has done business with him will check in. 

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Lou
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
I've known Ron for 30 years,I've used his interior kits in 4 of my Fords 2 55 crowns, a 56 victoria, and a 56 Crown, Every kit was correct and looked like factory.
62bigwindow
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
SMS Auto Fabrics

Durham Missouri
Joe-JDC
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Thanks, for the replies.  I looked the '56 over quite well today, and there was water damage all around the rear window headliner, upholstery, all the interior needed to be replaced, wiring under the instrument panel was spliced, taped, and a mess, there was bondo everywhere, and the paint was multiple layers thick, overspray, and undercoating under the hood, and the complete undercarriage.  Definitely overpriced for the condition of the whole car.  Looked good in pictures, and from 50 feet.   Not what I was looking for, so I will not be needing upholstery in the immediate future.  Still looking for a good '56 or '57 that I can make into a real street car.   Joe-JDC

JDC
Rono
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Although we haven't purchased it yet, SMS Auto Fabrics was the ONLY distributor we could find that has the original fabric for our 56 Ranch Wagon. This fabric has the "brands" of long horn steers and horseshoes and they said that they could either make all the seat covers or supply the build fabric. They send samples of whatever your want for free before you purchase.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

DryLakesRacer
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
SMS is where I bought the 56 Peacock broadcloth for the remake of the 55 Sunliner style for my 56 Victoria. They are very proud of their material but BaronLeB would not sell any of it only completed units. Photos are on another thread..Sounds lik you have your work cut out for you on your 55..Good Luck

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
geo56
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
This might be old news but I thought ABC was the only place to buy mid 50's Ford interiors that were exact replicas. Years ago Cars & Parts magazine did a year long month by month feature in which they purchased and had restored a tired but complete 55 Crown Victoria. They used ABC for the replacement of the entire interior. At the end of the project the completed Crown was awarded to a lucky contest winner. That was about 20 years ago and I sure wish someone would locate the car now and do a feature article on how the restoration has held up 20 years later.Anyone know where the car is now? They called the project " The Resurrection of Vicky" and even printed and sold a book on it. I bought it.
paul2748
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Forgot to mention that Ron's Upholstery was ABC until he sold it to Labaron-Bonney.  After a period of time, he went back into business as Ron's.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

MplsMike
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
I may be an outlier here, but I had a terrible experience with SMS when I reupholstered my Parklane 5 years ago. Significant delays, and some of the material was not as expected.

MplsMike
'56 Parklane
Minneapolis, MN

Reading This Topic

Site Meter