Profile Picture

Price Check - 2X4 Intake Manifold

Posted By slumlord444 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday

I need an idea of a fair price on a '57 dual quad factiory intake. Got an acquaintence who wants to buy one from me and i have no idea what the current rate is. Nothing on Ebay or here. I see B manifolds with $350 asking prices.

NoShortcuts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Slumlord.  So much depends upon condition.  IF the thermostat housing gasket surface is not eroded, all of the threads are intact (especially the threads for the thermostat housing), the hold-down ears haven't been welded back on, the bottom of the intake is not cracked where the choke heat tubes go across, and the choke hot air tubes don't need to be replaced, $300 is the price I would expect to see it sold for.  The right person may pay more.

Don't forget that they need an appropriate valley pan for the Ford 2x4 intake . . .

B manifolds have been bringing prices over $300 on a regular basis in the bead blasted and repainted condition!  WoW!

In following this stuff, it seems that an awful lot of dual quad intakes and set-ups have been surfacing in the last year on eBay.  I wonder if the stuff is getting o-l-d and individuals or their relatives are cleaning house.  

Hope this helps.   Smile

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
Ted
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 days ago
Like Charlie, I’m surprised the asking price for the iron ECZ-B manifolds is so high.  A brand new aluminum 4V intake is not much higher than that so go figure.

Condition is everything on those factory dual quad manifolds.  Any aluminum rot around the thermostat housing flange or water jackets brings the price way down.  Cracked ears and stripped carb and/or thermostat housing threads also brings the price down.  Also noteworthy is if the manifold is a 1956 or a 1957 casting.  The 1956 manifolds are simply harder to come by and for someone wanting the ’56 manifold, it may be worth more.  Performance wise, the ’57 intake was better.  The casting part number for the 1957 2X4 intakes is ECG-D while the part number for the 1956 manifolds is EDB-C.  I’ve sold those manifolds for as low as $150 with them needing repairs and as much as $450 for pristine units.  My pricing tends to be on the lower side of market value as I simply don’t like the stuff sitting around.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

slumlord444
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks for the input. Hard to believe that the B manifolds are bringing as much or more than the dual quads. I need to take a close look at mine and figure out what to ask. Guy has an E car without the E carb setup and just wants a manifold to go with the car if he ever decides to sell it. I have 3 '57 manifolds only and another with passenger car carbs on it. Don't need them all. Will keep the one with carbs for sure. I can always use a few hundred more extra dollars in my slush fund. I'm thinking asking 400 and see what he says. Can't see selling it for less than a single 4 barrel manifold is going for.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter