Profile Picture

Newbie from the California Mojave desert

Posted By LD-Ordie 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I recently picked up a 55 Courier with a 292, 3 on the tree. Previous owners had extensive work done to it, but had trouble working all the bugs out, so it fell in my lap for the right price. Fresh paint, New engine by the Y Block guy, Vintage air and 3 Holley 94's. It's now a real joy to drive and I'm planning on it being a keeper! So I've owned and used vintage cars and bikes as daily drivers since the age of 14 back in 69, with my first car being a 55 Ranch Wagon with a 292. Gotta admit it wasn't the coolest car to go cruising in at the time, so it was upgraded to a 63 SS Nova. So i'm really happy to be re-living a part of my youth that I don't think I truly gave it a fair shake. Been having a blast reading all the previous post here, which has also aided me in resolving some of my problems. Thanks for helping to keep the dream alive
miker
This post has been flagged as an answer
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Welcome to the site. Great car to find. I used to ferry my folks car from Seattle to Palm Springs in the fall, and back in the spring. Often went thru Mojave. You’re lucky to have got Vintage Air. Tim’s a highly regarded builder, that’s a score in itself.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
LD-Ordie
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)

Here are a few pictures. I personally would not have chosen the color, but is what it is. The wife love's it, so it's OK

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/b56f8016-7317-4cd7-ac3a-c1de.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/8660f082-6d87-455d-92d1-c769.jpg
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/6aec9a33-6ec6-4f9a-9cba-94dc.jpg

LD-Ordie
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Thanks Miker, so Mojave is a kinda special place......... Fortunately for me, I live 80+ miles north BigGrin

Reading This Topic

Site Meter