Profile Picture

Custom-Fairlane Interior Dimesions Differences

Posted By 59FE258Y 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (60 reputation)Turbocharged (60 reputation)Turbocharged (60 reputation)Turbocharged (60 reputation)Turbocharged (60 reputation)Turbocharged (60 reputation)Turbocharged (60 reputation)Turbocharged (60 reputation)Turbocharged (60 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi all,
I've got a question that has nothing to do with my Custom's 292. My interior is pretty much toast. I've installed a new carpet, and I want to get the seats, headliner and trim redone. I'm not sure if the Custom's interior pieces are the same dimensions as the Fairlane's. My upholsterer wasn't sure either. I really appreciate any information on the subject. Thanks in advance! 
Jack
PF Arcand
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Some pieces may interchange, but I suspect others won't because the Fairlane series wheelbase is 3"s longer. Also Customs series interiors were not the same materials as Fairlanes in most cases..

Paul
Lou
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
,The front seats will interchange but the Fairlane 500 seat has a dip in the backrest, the rear seat will not interchange. Side panels are Custom and Custom 300 only.
59FE258Y
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (60 reputation)Turbocharged (60 reputation)Turbocharged (60 reputation)Turbocharged (60 reputation)Turbocharged (60 reputation)Turbocharged (60 reputation)Turbocharged (60 reputation)Turbocharged (60 reputation)Turbocharged (60 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Thanks Paul and Lou, I appreciate the info very much! I've got the original door panels and they have wear and tear from the last 60 years, (July 8th, 1958). I want to keep the car with as many original parts as possible, so I intend to clean and patch them as nice as they'll get and reinstall them.. 
Jack

Reading This Topic

Site Meter