Profile Picture

Fordomatic won’t go into low

Posted By rexbd 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Still having issues with Fordomatic. I got the parts to fix the parking pawl but the other issue is it won’t shift into low with or without the linkage attached.

I have not opened the tranny yet and have to take to a mechanic so trying to narrow this down.

Wish I could dig into this myself, but recently badly injured my dominant hand with my table saw and am laid up.

It’s almost as if everything is one position “off”
MoonShadow
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Does it go into first with the shifter all the way down to the low position? But doesn't from drive? Or do you mean the shifter on the transmission wont go into low? 

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
rexbd
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)

It wont physically shift into the low position.  Either using the shifter or detaching the shifter and just moving the lever on the tranny.  What's weird is when its not running and put in park then park holds.  it runs in drive starting in second gear as designed.  I have not jumped on it to see if it will drop into low but you cannot shift it into low manually.  The guy who rebuilt the tranny is coming over to take a look,  Something is goofy.  I wish I could tear into and sort it out just can't do that right now myself.  I am at a loss......
Pete 55Tbird
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
It sounds as if  the shift lever on the transmission case is not positioned correctly on the manual valve ( inside the valve body) Pull the transmission pan and check. Pete
MoonShadow
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Sounds internal. The shifting lever may no be installed properly or something is interfering with it inside the transmission. Hope the rebuilder can find it.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
rexbd
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Good idea, I will check that out.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter