Autolite 4100 Conversion "modern"on a 292 Y Block with Factory PCV

Posted By mikey1968 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Autolite 4100 Conversion "modern"on a 292 Y Block with Factory PCV

Author
Question Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I have a 1964 Ford F-250 truck and pulled the 2100 and intake off, installed a 57 T-Bird "modern" Holley-flanged cast intake, a 1" solid aluminum 4-hole PCV ported spacer and a rebuilt 4100 4V off a 66 Mustang, 480cfm converted for manual choke using the 2100 parts.  The truck has factory PCV system.  So I re-used the original PCV valve with the threads pointing to the carb spacer.  I read elsewhere that the original 2 barrel PCV flows too much and can create a high idle.  I cannot get the truck to idle below 1500rpms.  Do you think the PCV is the culprit?  What PCV is recommended in this application?  Any potential gotchas for vacuum leaks for this conversion?

Another note is I have a new aftermarket power brake/dual master cylinder set up where I spliced the vacuum line for the booster between the carb spacer and the PCV.
Thanks,
Mike

PS, I tried to figure a way to edit the the title as it got hosed up......sorry.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter