Profile Picture

Edgewater Pictures

Posted By charliemccraney 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Found this while checking out a request to join the Ford Y-block group on facebook.  There was one photographer that I saw at the starting line.  This must be him.

https://hyperperformance.smugmug.com/Cars/Drag-Racing/Y-Block/2018-Nationals-at-Edgewater/i-vVbbhTt 

Lawrenceville, GA
pintoplumber
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 hours ago
Thank’s for posting that. Boy I missed not being there. Did Larry break his rear again? Wasn’t Harry running right? 16.66 dial in ?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/3047f5ac-add1-4e79-a3ed-14ea.jpg  Dennis in Lititz PA
charliemccraney
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Yep, Larry broke his case again.  It was a Ford nodular case. He said he has an aftermarket case but wasn't able to get it set up in time.  I'm sure it will be in there next time.

Harry's was interesting.  He was racing Royce and apparently they both wrote the wrong dial in.  Harry wrote 16.66 and Royce wrote 10 something.  So harry dialed in a lot slower and Royce a lot faster.  I had not noticed that and had no idea what was going on during that race, expecting to see Royce leave first but Harry did.  I thought Royce broke but nothing seemed out of the ordinary and I saw the staging lights come on with Harry leaving almost immediately.  I was confused.

Lawrenceville, GA
Daniel Jessup
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
charliemccraney (6/5/2018)
Found this while checking out a request to join the Ford Y-block group on facebook.  There was one photographer that I saw at the starting line.  This must be him.

https://hyperperformance.smugmug.com/Cars/Drag-Racing/Y-Block/2018-Nationals-at-Edgewater/i-vVbbhTt 

Thanks Charley

For those of who could not make the event, things like this are greatly appreciated!

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

Ted
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
Thanks for posting that website link to the pictures.  Some great shots there.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

RB
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Charlie,  I was confused too!.. When Harry's light came down first it totally threw me off.. I assumed the tree malfunctioned.. I was expecting the starter to come over  and have me back out of the lanes.. Then the lights come down and I fumbled around to get the car launched.. I look up at the board and see a 10.20 dial, and I immediately see the problem.  In my rush to  go from bracket 2 and 1/8 mile dial to Y Block 1/4 mile dial I made a mistake and put up a time that would have been correct for my Warbird dragster.. I meant to put up 15.20 but wrote 10.20.. I was beating myself up a going back to the pits then Harry comes up and thanks me for the gift.. He explains that he also dialed a ridiculous number but ended up taking the win.. Dual brain fade by two old guys

Reading This Topic

Site Meter