Profile Picture

Y-Block Shootout

Posted By John F 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Praise Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (163 reputation)Supercharged (163 reputation)Supercharged (163 reputation)Supercharged (163 reputation)Supercharged (163 reputation)Supercharged (163 reputation)Supercharged (163 reputation)Supercharged (163 reputation)Supercharged (163 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I would like to thank Bob Martin for the magazines and also the kind words he printed about my best friend Bob "Hoppy" Hopkins. I am glad I came even though I had to leave early. It was great to see everyone. I can't thank all of you enough for all the kind words for Hoppy, it was just the therapy I needed. I intend to have the 59 ready for next year. Safe travels to all and thank you again 
Bob Martin for all you do.

John F Smile

Ballwin, MO

http://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/Uploads/Photos/6c460c4f-3e7d-48ff-8f97-617f.jpg

Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
John:

It was great to see you again, it's too bad we didn't have more time to talk.  You already know how the Y Block family was both shocked and saddened by Hoppy's passing.  Our prayers have been with you in your sad times.  Looking forward to seeing you next year, and running with your '59.

The "other" John F

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
John F
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (163 reputation)Supercharged (163 reputation)Supercharged (163 reputation)Supercharged (163 reputation)Supercharged (163 reputation)Supercharged (163 reputation)Supercharged (163 reputation)Supercharged (163 reputation)Supercharged (163 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Thanks John, looking forward to next year too.

John F Smile

Ballwin, MO

http://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/Uploads/Photos/6c460c4f-3e7d-48ff-8f97-617f.jpg

DryLakesRacer
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
A guy gave me one once it didn't look like a good idea inside. On the internet I found a Buick site where the guy was able to work them over for the nail heads to really perform by changes on the inside. All work was done thru the carb and intake ports.

I looked seriously at taking a hole saw and drilling straight thru all the carb ports to reach the bottom on the one I had and then doing a little die grind work to the edges. I didn't pay for the manifold and it went away at a swap meet so I was never able to do it. Still wonder to this day if it would have helped.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter