Profile Picture

Distributor Wanted

Posted By paul2748 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 hours ago
I had a malfunction with the distributor in my TBird today so I am looking for a non-Tbird 57 and up distributor that is in good condition.  If you know of one, please get back to me.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

dbird
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
A non-Bird distributor seems like an easy find, but I'll check the one I have for condition and offer the same deal you gave me on the head gaskets,  I'll get back to you tomorrow.
Don
dbird
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)

I just checked it, some play in the shaft and cam ends, but not bad and I really don't know how much is acceptable or how to measure it.  Cam looks decent, no real wear showing, the vacuum had been replaced.  C3 part number out of a boat engine.
Don
paul2748
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Don - Is a boat engine distributor the same as a car?  Some boats had reverse rotation engines.  I'm interested in yours.  You have my address?  Let me know what shipping is.

Paul

I interested
dbird (5/8/2018)
I just checked it, some play in the shaft and cam ends, but not bad and I really don't know how much is acceptable or how to measure it.  Cam looks decent, no real wear showing, the vacuum had been replaced.  C3 part number out of a boat engine.
Don

Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

dbird
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I thought this sent yesterday, but I guess not.  Should be the same.  Nothing was unusual about the motor and it was from a single engine boat so no reason for reverse rotation. USPS medium flat rate box  $13.65.  I have the address.
paul2748
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Will send you a check tomorrow

Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

dbird
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

It'll be on it's way tomorrow. Personal check is fine.  As I said, it has a new looking advance on it. Seems to hole a vacuum.

Don
Ted
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 days ago
paul2748 (5/8/2018)
Don - Is a boat engine distributor the same as a car?  Some boats had reverse rotation engines.  I'm interested in yours.  You have my address?  Let me know what shipping is.
Paul

As a FYI, the reverse rotation Y engines used a standard rotation distributor.  By using a gear drive for the camshaft, the camshaft in the right hand rotation engines rotated the same direction as the left hand rotation engines.  The firing order on the cap was simply reversed but the distributor rotation is the same.

Another tidbid of information on the reverse rotation engines is that some single engine boats also had the reverse rotation engines installed.  This was compensated for by either a reverser gear box or a reverse angle prop.  The reverse rotation engines were not reserved for only dual engine boats.  In order to make it cost effective to make the reverse rotation engines, it was necessary to make more reverse rotation engines than there were dual engine applications.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter