Profile Picture

57 F100 information

Posted By Johns57F100 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Time Poster

First Time Poster (0 reputation)First Time Poster (0 reputation)First Time Poster (0 reputation)First Time Poster (0 reputation)First Time Poster (0 reputation)First Time Poster (0 reputation)First Time Poster (0 reputation)First Time Poster (0 reputation)First Time Poster (0 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hello, I am new to the group and have just begun work on my latest find. Looks like it is an all original 57 F100 Custom Cab with the big rear window. Its a slabside short box. I am looking for information about the carb and the air cleaner. There is a one barrel carb and no air cleaner housing. I would like to know what was originally installed on the 272. I've looked around at different sites but could not find anything for sure. 
Ted
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 days ago
Welcome to the site.

Look again at your carburetor and you’ll likely find it’s a two barrel.  Should be a Holley/Ford 94 and has three bolts at its flange to mount it on the intake.  You’ll also see two idle mixture screws at the back and on the base.  Don’t be mislead by the smaller throat at the air cleaner opening as that does make it look like a one barrel carb.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter