Profile Picture

Fordomatic in WA state

Posted By Shaggy 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Not looking for a profit, just want to send it to a good home. It's off a 368 lincoln, it spun under it's own power while we fired the engine, but i know nothing else about condition. It appears to have been unbolted from the engine once, since some of the coupler bolts were metric. It has all the parts plus spare bellhousing.  For price, i dunno $100 obo? In Snohomish county WA. Really negotiable

I'd like to keep the yoke, but that is negotiable too
PF Arcand
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Shaggy: Do you know J. Walters in Puyallup?  He's with the CVA & might know someone interested..

Paul
Shaggy
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)

PF Arcand (4/29/2018)
Shaggy: Do you know J. Walters in Puyallup?  He's with the CVA & might know someone interested..

No i dont, CVA?
PF Arcand
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Sorry for delay,- CVA refers to the Crown Victoria Assoc. - includes 1954-56 cars, pickups & ?.  Thinking further, if the trans is off a 368 Lincoln, it's not a Fordomatic, but not sure what?  Lincoln's in '52 & some later had Hydromatics bought from G.M. Further info might help move it for you...

Paul
mjs
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Months Ago

The Lincoln A/T's were referred to as Turbo-Drive or Twin-Range Turbo-Drive and the Merc's were Merc-O-Matic or or Multidrive.  The shop manual covers them from 1955 through 1958 for the Turbo-Drive, the Twin-Range Turbo-Drive, the 1951-1958 Merc-O-Matic, and the 1958 Multi-drive with very minor differences through the years.  When comparing these to the Ford-O-Matic the internals are essentially the same.  The only real difference would be the bell housing, the torque converter, the flex plate, and the length of the output shaft.  I have manuals for both the Turb0-Drive and the Ford-O-Matic  Although the overhaul and adjustment procedures are the same in both the ford manual provides more information on how the tranny works. 

Do you have the flex plate?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/1d5b145a-1c57-4c0d-8bd1-fba5.jpg
PF Arcand
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

mjs: Your reply says 1955-1955?  Anyway, are we talking about later dual range Cruiseomatics? Not sure what was used behind 368s or what years?  l believe Cruiseomatics were regular 3spd transmissions in at least one drive position. Fordomatics such as in 1957 were 2 spd in Drive unless kickdown was used or low gear was manually selected.. Anyway, I was just trying to help clarify what trans was being offered.. I'm not in the market for it..        

Paul
mjs
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Months Ago
Sorry about the confusion.  I was responding from work and kind of fat fingered my reply without proofreading it.  I have updated it with the information from my manual.  These do operate in the same manner as the Fordomatics that you described.  

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/1d5b145a-1c57-4c0d-8bd1-fba5.jpg
miker
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
Shaggy, if nothing turns up let me know. Frank Stubbs has retired from restoring early birds but he knows a lot of people in the Ford community. I’ll call and ask him if you need that.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Shaggy
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks Guys, i'm gunna put a sign at my booth at the monroe auto swap this weekend and see if i get any intrest. It's kinda in my way right now
mike57Lincoln
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)

Shaggy I'm new to the site just saw your add I'm interested in your trans. pm me so we can meet up.
 Thanks, Mike.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter