Profile Picture

Firefox Help - please

Posted By paul2748 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I am having problems saving user names and passwords in Firefox due to a problem with AOL.    They will not save regardless if I click on the save  thing that most sites have.  The Firefox pop up about saving names does not pop up any more.  Any one have experience with this or other Firefox problems.  Maybe a number that I can contact Firefox

I've been through the various Firefox stuff and can't find any info on how to correct this.

Thanks

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

charliemccraney
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I haven't used Firefox in a long time.  Right now I'm using Opera and every time I startup Opera, this forum appears as though I'm not signed in but if I refresh the page, it will show me as logged in.  Give that a try.

Also try different browsers.  Chrome worked great for me for a long time but I started having problems with it on some sites.

Lawrenceville, GA
NoShortcuts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Paul.  I'm using Firefox, also.  My experience is that 'refreshing' Firefox usually resolves problems of different sorts that I have experienced.  While there are problems you have described that I believe are settings that can be changed individually, 'refreshing' Firefox resets everything to the 'common' setting that user usually use or are Mozilla recommended.

I don't want to mess you up, but consider trying the steps I've listed below.

Reference the rectangle in the upper right corner of your Firefox  web page.  Click on the rectangle and go down to the question mark next to the word 'Help' next to the bottom of the list . . .

Click on the Help listing . . .

On the page that opens, click on 'Firefox Help' . . .

On the page that opens, go down to the exclamation mark on the 3rd row down that reads 'Fix Slowness, Crashing, & Error Messages, and Other Problems'. Click on it.

On the next page that opens, go down to the 9th title that reads, 'Refresh Firefox'.  Click that title and you're on the path to refresh Firefox.

Refreshing Firefox should get you squared away.

Hope this helps!   Smile 

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
paul2748
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

NoShortcuts - thanks for the info, I know ,you did it because you thought it would help, but when I did it I lost all my bookmarks, perhaps 200 or so Or I think I lost them because there in no thing to click on for bookmarks -  I lost the menu that was at the top pf the page that had a menu across the top.

Any insight?

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

charliemccraney
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
It sounds like the Bookmarks Toolbar is no longer visible.  I do have the most current version of Firefox installed.  On this version, there is an icon to the right  of the search field Which looks like |||\.  Click on that and that is where Bookmarks menu can be found. See if you see them there.  If you do see that they are there, select Bookmarking Tools and then View Bookmarks Toolbar.  That should display the bookmarks at the top of the browser.

If you don't find them, then it may be best to try to contact Firefox to see if there is a way to get them back.
If you have any other browsers installed, it may have at least some of your bookmarks since most browsers import bookmarks, when installed, from other installed browsers.  If you have that, find out how to import them into Firefox.

Lawrenceville, GA
NoShortcuts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
paul2748 (4/29/2018)
NoShortcuts - thanks for the info, I know ,you did it because you thought it would help, but when I did it I lost all my bookmarks, perhaps 200 or so Or I think I lost them because there in no thing to click on for bookmarks -  I lost the menu that was at the top pf the page that had a menu across the top.

Any insight?

Paul.  Ugh!  Sincere apologies for messing you up!  Charlie McCraney's suggestions are likely the best routes to pursue.  Again, my apologies.  You've been utilizing Firefox capabilities I have not.   Unsure

Sincere regrets,
Charlie Brown

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
yknot
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Right click on the ribbon. best place is just to the right of the plus sign. Select the menu bar. The Bookmarks option will appear on the left top above the page tag.along with others

Reading This Topic

Site Meter