Profile Picture

Modern Radio For a Fair Price and LOOKS GREAT

Posted By Melly 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Looks great nice job.  Hope to see more pictures of other that have done this.
prosycamore
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (39 reputation)Normally aspirated (39 reputation)Normally aspirated (39 reputation)Normally aspirated (39 reputation)Normally aspirated (39 reputation)Normally aspirated (39 reputation)Normally aspirated (39 reputation)Normally aspirated (39 reputation)Normally aspirated (39 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Impressive. That ain't so bad at all. 
Daniel Jessup
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
does the original Ford radio antenna cable plug into one of the leads on this unit?

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

Barnabasmc
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Yes it plugged right in
Melly
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)

Yes it all connects with no problems. You can connect one, two or four speaks. I used to dual voice speaker one in front 6x9 and one in rear 5x7 ( but I used 6x9 in rear had to modify mounting holes ). Works great. Post picture if you do it.
Daniel Jessup
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

thanks Melly, I will do that and more on a full installation. I purchased the radio you referenced, plus two speakers that went with it. I may end up going with larger speakers out back on the decklid, not sure yet. The price I paid for the unit and the two speakers was $120 shipped to my door.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

Melly
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I used a 6x9 in rear used original hole in center but had to drill out new hole in speaker to fit the four mounting holes. Sounds great looks great good luck. Post pictures when done.
Daniel Jessup
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Melly, what is your full name? I tried to give credit to you on another site for this find, but did not have your name to mention.

Video I took during the installation

https://vimeo.com/280643336

Video I took to test after installation

https://vimeo.com/280643397

I purchased the kit that included the head unit, speaker wire, speakers, and mounting hardware. I put the speakers under the seat actually, in separate speaker boxes that I made to fit specifically. I AM IMPRESSED by the functionality and sound. Thank you so much. Let me see what I can do to post the information my ongoing thread in the This and That section.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

Daniel Jessup
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

And here is a link that covers the full installation:
https://www.hotrodreverend.com/single-post/2018/07/22/1955-Ford-Part-58-Modern-Radio-in-the-Original-Location

enjoy

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

Reading This Topic

Site Meter