Profile Picture

Wanted: 292 Y-block for a '57 F100

Posted By verbatim 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi there, new to the forum.  I'm starting to restore my grandfather's 57 F100, and have realized that while it's a complete running truck, it's body is so badly rotted that I might as well just buy a truck that has a decent body and use mine for donor parts.  I found a V8 complete body in the US and am going to restore that instead.  My problem is my 57 has the I6 223 in it.  I would rather go with the 292, but the truck from the US doesn't have a drivetrain.  Does anyone know the best place to look for one?  I have no problem rebuilding it myself or if the deal is good, just buying a rebuilt one, but I have no idea who is a good rebuilder that would have one.

Any help would be appreciated.
1960fordf350
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Where is the truck located?   Maybe you can buy an engine and have it loaded in the bed and ship it with the truck.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2e6780b3-6e07-4836-8bf9-c3da.jpg

verbatim
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Nevada.  Being shipped up to the Canadian border in Montana where I'll be picking it up, bringing across the border to Edmonton, Alberta.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter