Profile Picture

Need flywheel / crankshaft bolts

Posted By Midwest Mike 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi
Anyone have any (need six) bolts to fasten the flywheel to the crank that they are willing to part with?  Actually need 12 as I have a second Y block to go in my '55 Customline after I get the first one installed in my chopped '35 coupe.   If not, could someone direct me to a retailer that would have them?  Already tried Egge and a couple others with no luck.
Thanks
Midwest Mike
I'd rather be lucky than good,
but good ain't bad.
charliemccraney
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
ARP and others should produce them - same as other engines.  I don't have specs or a part number handy.

Lawrenceville, GA
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Mike, be advised that the automatic bolts are slightly shorter than the standard shift bolts.  The automatic flex plate is thinner than the standard shift flywheels.  If my memory is somewhat intact the automatic bolts have a 3/4" hex, the standards are 5/8" on the factory bolts.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
carl
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Mike if you cant find new ones I might have some used,just let me know and I will look  Carl
Midwest Mike
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)

Hi  
  Thanks for the responses.  These bolts would be for a standard transmission. I thought the automatic and standard required different bolts but didn't know the difference.  I'll try ARP and if that doesn't work out I'll be giving you a call Carl.
   Thanks again.
    Midwest Mike
 but good ain't bad.

Midwest Mike
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Hi Again
Went to ARP website but could only find bolts 1" 7/16-20 for Ford flywheel and only one set for 289-400 flexplate  and have no idea if it would work in a Y.  Would anyone have any idea of length, size and thread for a Y block standard transmission flexplate to crank?  ARP probably makes the bolt that would work but I just don't know what to order.

Thanks
Midwest Mike
but good ain't bad.
Marc
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago

http://ford-y-block.com/arp.htm
KULTULZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
C3AZ 6379-A - MT
7/16" - 20 x 27/32"

Midwest Mike
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Hi-
 Thanks for the replies.  Should have gone to John Mummert in the first place, but I have a call in to him and just waiting for him to wrap up his day and call me.
  Thanks again
   Midwest Mike
but good ain't bad

Reading This Topic

Site Meter