Profile Picture

Engine Masters

Posted By Cliff 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 hours ago
JE Pistons Hosts Engine Masters Challenge at Ohio Manufacturing Headquarters
JE Pistons is happy to announce their presenting sponsorship of the Hot Rod Engine Masters Challenge. The 2018 event will be held at JE's Mentor, Ohio manufacturing facility. Full details here.
Engine Masters Challenge Announces 2018
Class Concepts
LOS ANGELES (March 14, 2018) – HOT ROD and ENGINE MASTERS, in conjunction with AMSOIL and JE Pistons, are pleased to announce the class concepts for the 2018 AMSOIL Engine Masters Challenge. Now in the 17th year of the event, the AMSOIL Engine Masters Challenge has grown to become the largest dynamometer racing event of its type in the world, pitting some of the best-known names in engine building against one another in the purest form of motorsports. This year’s event will take place October 1-5, 2018, at the corporate headquarters of JE Pistons in Mentor, Ohio.
The AMSOIL Engine Masters Challenge is accepting 10 applicants for each designated class, with all other applicants becoming alternates. Entry fee is $350 per applicant. Using JE Pistons’ SuperFlow dynamometer, each competitor’s engine will be put through a series of tests designed to measure torque, power, and performance, where the best combination of torque and horsepower scores wins the class.
http://blog.jepistons.com/je-pistons-hosts-engine-masters-challenge-at-ohio-manufacturing-headquarters 
Stan
Joe-JDC
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Link doesn't work for me.  That is really short notice if it is true.  Joe-JDC

JDC
charliemccraney
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 49 minutes ago
I fixed the link.

I heard engine masters was no more.  I wonder what the rules will be.

Lawrenceville, GA
Joe-JDC
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

May be too little information, too late, for any serious engine builds that were not already in the works.  I seriously wanted to see just how much horsepower could have been made with iron heads on a Y Block and a different points system.  Greg Finnican is sponsoring a Race Engine Dyno competition the same week, in Charlotte NC.  They already have about 18 engines scheduled to compete last I heard.  Joe-JDC 

JDC
Cliff
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

2018 Engine Masters Challenge Classes:
  • Vintage Class: This class encourages competitors to think out of the box and revive unique, highly aesthetic, and often-forgotten engine architectures with new-age horsepower-producing techniques. Types of engines found in this class include: normally aspirated OEM domestic production passenger car V-8 engine types or families introduced in 1954 or earlier; normally aspirated OEM domestic production passenger car inline six-cylinder engine types or families introduced in 1964 or earlier.
  • Muscle Car Engines Class:  This class includes big-blocks and small-blocks and have a cubic-inch range from 400ci to 500ci. Street-style heads are required, and race-only parts are prohibited throughout the build.
AMSOIL will provide oil for both testing and competition runs at the event. For a listing of complete class rules and event information please visit http://www.hotrod.com/events/engine-masters-challenge/. For questions and feedback, please contact questions@enginemasters.com.CONTACT:Rob Quigley, Senior PR and Social Media Manager, MarketingTEN: A Discovery Communications CompanyRQuigley@enthusiastnetwork.com or 310-363-4086  
Cliff
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Hi Cliff,

I was just told this page would be updated later today with a link to rules.

http://www.hotrod.com/events/engine-masters-challenge/

Let me know if you don’t find them after today. Thanks!

Rob

ROB QUIGLEY
SR PR & SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
P: 310-363-4086  ·  C: 323-999-1411
831 S Douglas St
El Segundo, CA 90245
EnthusiastNetwork.com

1960fordf350
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
30 minutes from my house.   I'd show up for that if Ted is coming up!!    

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2e6780b3-6e07-4836-8bf9-c3da.jpg

Joe-JDC
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

They have finally posted the rules for Vintage class, and it looks like the same rules from 2016, where aluminum heads are allowed.  Hopefully some clarification will be coming forth shortly.  No EFI, so that is a change.  Joe-JDC

JDC
speedpro56
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Sounds great to me!

-Gary Burnette-

Reading This Topic

Site Meter