Profile Picture

Main jet and rod for Carter 600cfm

Posted By Kenneth1986 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
What size of main jet and rod would i put in my carter 600cfm that comes on a rebuilded 292? So it would run nice
miker
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
There’s really no answer for your question based on what you told us. First figure out which Edelbrock carb you’ve got. Typically a 1405 or 1406. They set up differently. Download the manual for the right carb, and go to the jetting chart in the back. It’s very detailed and I needed to study it for a while before I got my head around it. That gives you a start on the main jets, rods, and springs.

You probably should start with the the initial factory setting. Those different models that “look” the same often came with different combinations. Even if the carb is new, they’ve been know to mis jetted from the factory. So do that homework first.

Ambient air temperature, altitude, engine mods, cam, compression ratio are all going to be part of the equation. Engines that look identical on paper may end up with slightly different tuning.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Kenneth1986
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Thanks Miker
The carburator is a 1406. I downloaded the manual and im no going to reset the factory setting and start there as you said. Its a old carburator that i cleaned up.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter