Profile Picture

where to buy a 292 crate long block

Posted By Fahlberg5 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi.
We bought a 59 custom 300 and it was supposed to have a 292 in it. But now I found out that it is a 239. So now I am looking for a crate long block. 
Anyone ?

Regards
Jens Fahlberg
charliemccraney
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
How did you determine that it is a 239?

There is no crate engine Y-Block, as most people are familiar with the term, at this time.  That's not to say that there are not people who can build an engine and ship it to you but you will not be mail ordering it from Summit, or Jegs, etc, and it is going to be a custom build, rather than something off the shelf.  If you want quality these are the people to contact, Ted Eaton, www.eatonbalancing.com, Tim McMaster, www.yblockguy.com, John Mummert, www.ford-y-block.com.

There are places that you can get a remanufactured engine, but these are high volume shops where attention to detail is not top priority.

Also, do not discredit local machine shops.  The key with any local shop, if they do not already know Ys is that they are willing, with your help, to take some time and do a little homework.  If they are not willing to do that then you do not want them building a Y.

Lawrenceville, GA
Fahlberg5
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)

EBU is on the block under the distributer in the back of the block. And as I understand, that is a 239 from 1954.
2721955meteor
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
where do you live.may help response
Joe-JDC
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 43 minutes ago
2721955meteor (3/3/2018)
where do you live.may help response

When you click on his name.
His name suggests Denmark as country of residence.  Joe-JDC

JDC
Shaggy
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)

I hate the term "crate motor" there are a lot of small shops that can build something that will fit your driving style and car size for a very little extra(if any). It's like ordering a one size fit's all shoe.
2721955meteor
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
could buld 1 for you but frt from vancouver would be pricey,also you would need water pump distributor, intake  front cover fuel pump pulleysdampner as not much on your engine woud fit a 292..have a 57block ,std cranketc. have a line on correct heads.
62bigwindow
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Last Active: Last Month
There is a seller on eBay that has "crate" yblocks. Don't know anything about him but it might be worth a look.

Durham Missouri
Y block Billy
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

I could put one together for you, have one in a truck supposed to only have 50 miles on it, it has sat a long time but beleived the old man who was in his 80's because there is no grease or oil on block. I got it running fine and could detail it for your car, I have about 30 Y blocks and numerous parts around here. I also recently shipped a car to Denmark out of a shipper in NJ. I have all their info here I can get for you. my email is myrandci@fairpoint.net.

55 Vicky & customline

58 Rack Dump, 55 F350 yard truck, 57 F100

59 & 61 P 400's, 58 F100 custom cab, 69 F100, 79 F150, 82 F600 ramp truck, 90 mustang conv 7 up, 94 Mustang, Should I continue?

PF Arcand
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
The only people on this site from Europe, that might be able to steer you are in Finland.  They go by their racer group name "Hollow heads"  If you can find them, maybe they can help?.. 

Paul

Reading This Topic

Site Meter