Profile Picture

1957 Ford 4 door station wagon

Posted By carl 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
A close friend has a 57 4 door wagon for sale,it has a rebuilt 312 engine ,auto trans.body not to bad but will need total restoration.He is asking $5000 for the car.Its located in Lancaster Ohio,he does not have a computer so contact me and I will give you his phone number  Carl
NoShortcuts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Carl.  IF your friend's '57 wagon was originally equipped with a data plate D code 312 engine, and IF the transmission is the original unit, it has a different FordoMatic transmission than what was used in '57 C code (292 engine) passenger cars, C code 292 station wagons and passenger car C code 292 AND D code 312 engine passenger car vehicles.

The tranny used in the D code 312 '57 wagons, and D code 312  '57 T-Birds is internally different.  One difference I'm aware of is the addition of an additional clutch disc, making the count 5 instead of 4.

If the data plate is not on the transmission housing adjacent to the transmission shift linkage, look for a hexagon plug on the driver's side rear of the transmission case, adjacent to the transmission extension housing, and just above the oil pan.

E and F code 312 passenger cars and Birds also used this transmission case with the hex head plug positioned on the lower left rear of the FordoMatic transmission case.  These applications had different transmission data plates so there may be additional modifications to them (valve bodies?) in addition to having the additional clutch disc I've mentioned.

Hope this helps those interested in what your friend has for sale!   Smile

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
carl
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks for the additional  information Charlie ,not sure if its original motor but I will ask him    Carl

Reading This Topic

Site Meter