Profile Picture

1955 ford o matic vent location

Posted By rexbd 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I am so close to having the Tbird back on the road, first time since 1967! When running the engine tranny fluid is coming out of the top of the filler tube. My past tells me there is a clogged vent. Does that make sense? Where is the vent on the ford o matic. I had that rebuilt so can’t say I am very familiar with the training.

Thanks just chasing the details now really excited to get her back on the road
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
It's on the upper right corner of the case, just behind the trans-to-bellhousing bolt and above the trans cooler line (if equipped with liquid cooling).

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
paul2748
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
If its a 55 trans, its air cooled

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

dbird
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
After two days, you've probably found it, but in case you haven't on my original 'Bird trans, its on the passenger side just under the bellhousing bolt. If you need more help, I can easily e-mail a pic if you sent your address.
Don

Reading This Topic

Site Meter