Profile Picture

Master cylinder

Posted By Rowen 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I have tried to do a "search" for this but haven't been able to find anything.
When I bought my front disk conversion kit it came with a vac booster. After dry fitting, it just takes up too much room (14"-15") and I don't care for it at all! Does anyone here know if I can ditch the booster and just use the master cylinder? Is there a difference between "manual" and "boosted" master cylinders? Thanks for any help on this. It's my last BIG hurdle getting these brakes to work. Then just all the small, important detail stuff.

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
Rono
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Rowen;

Curious who you bought the disk conversion kit from? There is quite a bit of difference between boosted and non-boosted braking. Boosted will require a lot less pedal pressure to stop from high speeds. When you say the booster takes up too much room, what is the diameter of the booster itself? If you have the correct offset booster bracket it positions the booster high enough above the valve cover not to interfere with anything. If the dual master cylinder was matched to the booster, it will be difficult to set up the master cylinder without the booster due to the specific lengths of the plunger rods. I would check with the company you bought the kit from and talk to them about that.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

miker
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
It comes down to the m/c bore size and pedal ratio. The combination valves, etc should be pretty much the same. This is a start, there’s a lot of info out there. Might check this out before you call just for background info.

http://knowhow.napaonline.com/how-to-measure-brake-pedal-ratio/

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Rowen
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thanks guys for your advice. I think what I will do this weekend is mount the whole thing up and just see what I can do with it to make it "more interesting" to look at. The system was designed to work together so together it will stay. Jus gotta figure out how to get the "ugly" out of it. (NO CHROME) I'll eventually let you all know what I end up doing. Thanks again

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
paul2748
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
These guys may be able to answer your question  Engineered Components (ECI)  Last tel # I got is 860-872-7046.  They are in Vernon, Conn..  They specialize in brakes.

If the kit you got was from an outfit that does there own manufacturing, call them.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter