Profile Picture

moved all the SS trim from the roof area on my 56 Ford CButol Tape?

Posted By Kahuna 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

moved all the SS trim from the roof area on my 56 Ford CButol Tape?

Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I have removed all the SS trim from the roof area on my 56 Ford Crown Victoria.
Under some of the trim pieces there was a kind of tape that was used as a seal.
In asking around a few guys mentioned it might be Butol Tape???
Anyway, I need some (probably 10') and wondered if any of you may have gone thru
this and where you got the stuff?
Also I need the retaining clips that hold the SS trim on the top of the rear fenders?
Thanks so much
Jim

I DON'T know Why this title posted this way. Sorry
charliemccraney
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 11 hours ago
There's stuff called strip caulk, which is butyl rubber and there is also butyl tape, available from many different manufactureres.  Google those and all kinds of options will come up.  It is kinda like modeling clay and not really a tape like most people would think of tape.

Lawrenceville, GA
tarheel
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I agree with Charlie about the tape.  The retainers for the SS pieces on the rear fenders are available from several vendors such as Macs, Dennis Csrpenter, Tee Bird and several others. Good luck!

Larry
MplsMike
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hot rod reverend just had a post on his ‘55 Ford blog on stainless steel trim installation. It may not be exactly what you are doing, but there might be something useful in the post for you.

https://www.hotrodreverend.com/single-post/2018/01/27/1955-Ford-Part-34-Stainless-Steel-Trim

MplsMike
'56 Parklane
Minneapolis, MN
carl
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
I used duct seal on my 56 crown vic
Kahuna (1/29/2018)
I have removed all the SS trim from the roof area on my 56 Ford Crown Victoria.
Under some of the trim pieces there was a kind of tape that was used as a seal.
In asking around a few guys mentioned it might be Butol Tape???
Anyway, I need some (probably 10') and wondered if any of you may have gone thru
this and where you got the stuff?
Also I need the retaining clips that hold the SS trim on the top of the rear fenders?
Thanks so much
Jim

I DON'T know Why this title posted this way. Sorry
I used duct seal on my 56 crown vic years ago and not had any water leaks.Just put a ring around the stud on the clips and pressed it in  Carl

Reading This Topic

Site Meter