Profile Picture

LOOKING FOR: Y block to early flathead trans adapter.

Posted By Upnorth292 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi,
I'm new here and looking for a Y block to early Ford trans adapter.
Thanks for the help! 
charliemccraney
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
jecklhyde,
Neither is what he is looking for.  Both are truck 4 speed bellhousings and can work with a hydraulic clutch.  The top one is Y block.  The bottom is 6 cyl.

Lawrenceville, GA
Upnorth292
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)

charliemccraney (1/10/2018)
jecklhyde,
Neither is what he is looking for.  Both are truck 4 speed bellhousings and can work with a hydraulic clutch.  The top one is Y block.  The bottom is 6 cyl.

You are right sir!
Thanks anyway jecklhyde...

What I'm looking for looks like that: (thanks google for the picture!!)

IMG_5981.JPG
NoShortcuts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Welcome to the site.  Click the two eBay links below for two listings of the same make adapter from the same eBay seller.  One of the two listings is said to have a modification of some type made to the adapter.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Cragar-Y-Block-Ford-Engine-Adapter-Flathead-Ford-Transmission-Adapter/192415412303?hash=item2cccda304f:g:L5cAAOSwPhdU6msP&vxp=mtr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cragar-Y-Block-Ford-Mercury-Engine-Adapter-Flathead-Ford-Transmission-Adapter/202169569721?hash=item2f123ed1b9:g:fA8AAOSwBLlU6mRH&vxp=mtr

Hope this helps.  Best Wishes with your project!   Smile

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
Larry Short
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I have a extra one I purchased when building my dragster. I'll dig it out tomorrow and post some photos. Need to look and see what I paid for it. Larry Short
Upnorth292
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

NoShortcuts (1/10/2018)
Welcome to the site.  Click the two eBay links below for two listings of the same make adapter from the same eBay seller.  One of the two listings is said to have a modification of some type made to the adapter.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Cragar-Y-Block-Ford-Engine-Adapter-Flathead-Ford-Transmission-Adapter/192415412303?hash=item2cccda304f:g:L5cAAOSwPhdU6msP&vxp=mtr
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cragar-Y-Block-Ford-Mercury-Engine-Adapter-Flathead-Ford-Transmission-Adapter/202169569721?hash=item2f123ed1b9:g:fA8AAOSwBLlU6mRH&vxp=mtr
Hope this helps.  Best Wishes with your project!   Smile

Thanks, I already saw them... I'm willing to pay a fair price but... 299 for a broken adapter, no thanks! 😉
I did some search and the price range seem to be between 60 and 180.
Upnorth292
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Larry Short (1/10/2018)
I have a extra one I purchased when building my dragster. I'll dig it out tomorrow and post some photos. Need to look and see what I paid for it. Larry Short

Thanks sir! I will wait news from you..😊
Upnorth292
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

My 292 still waiting for this part! Laugh
Thanks!
2721955meteor
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Upnorth292 (1/10/2018)
Hi,
I'm new here and looking for a Y block to early Ford trans adapter.
Thanks for the help! 
saw i on eBay

NoShortcuts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
IF you are still looking for a y-block to tranny adapter, click the link below for one currently listed on eBay . . .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OLD-Wilcap-Adapter-1954-1955-1956-1957-to-1962-Ford-Mercury-Y-Block-2-Early-Ford/122977197284?hash=item1ca2031ce4:g:36oAAOSwFnxagjWl&vxp=mtr

Hope this helps!   Smile

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York

Reading This Topic

Site Meter