Profile Picture

New project

Posted By dennis22 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi Guys,

Just thought I’d say hi and share my new project.

59 F100 short bed

Got a new fan of the F trucks

I recently picked up a 59 F100 from Auburn CA and had it imported to Aus.

She is in pretty great shape considering it had been sitting in a field with weeds growing over it. Someone has tossed out the inline 6 and fitted a Chrysler 413 RB (sketchy install at best) it looks like the shetchy install never saw the road and someone just gave up on it.

413 RB

DIY rear engine mount with oxy cut-out for clutch fork

Everything is jammed in too tight for my liking

Anyway, my plans are to install a 292 y block, disc brakes and booster up front with new bushings all round and rewrie the whole truck + all new weather seals and all the fiddly stuff. The truck still has the ford 4 speed so the install should be straight forward providing the box is not junk. I just have to fab up another front engine mount where someone got excited with the oxy.

Cut-out for oil filter

Thanks, Dennis.

56 F100 - 272 Y Block
NSW, Australia.

YBLOCKEREDH
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (209 reputation)Supercharged (209 reputation)Supercharged (209 reputation)Supercharged (209 reputation)Supercharged (209 reputation)Supercharged (209 reputation)Supercharged (209 reputation)Supercharged (209 reputation)Supercharged (209 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
That's what mine had in it back in 72 with 3speed
62bigwindow
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Very nice! There's not enough build threads on here. Glad to see one!

Durham Missouri
Shaggy
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Looks like a transdapt adapter in there. I dont know there is much market to put a RB series to 49-64 ford transmissions but someone out there will need it

If you sell the adapter, you may be best off doing it with flywheel, clutch, intermediate plate and starter since it can be a pain in the ass figuring out what parts are needed to finish an instal. It should be a ford throwout fork in there i believe
dennis22
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
62 bigwindow- well maybe I’ll keep this build updated, however, I work at a snails pace sometimes, so the updates may be few and far between.

YBLOCKEREDH- how did your truck drive with the RB engine?

Shaggy- I’m going to freshen up this engine and get it running. I don’t really have any need to sell it, so I’ll hang onto it. One of my mates always says- if you have the space, store it! Haha you never know.

Thanks, Dennis.

56 F100 - 272 Y Block
NSW, Australia.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter