Profile Picture

Chrome Restoration

Posted By BamaBob 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Happy New Year Everyone! 
I need to know who to send a very expensive chrome piece to in order to get one end, about six inches of it, repaired. Several years ago, I stored a '55 Ford trunk lip chrome molding with one end of the box taped shut and the other end sealed with staples. The box wound up being stored much longer than I had intended. The tape dried out and turned loose. The box end opened up and allowed the mud dauber wasps to get in and build their nest on the chrome piece. This resulted in pitting and discoloration and a "I could kick myself" feeling. I'd like to hear from any of you that have had good experiences with chrome restoration shops and your recommendations as to the best and most reliable. Also, if you see fit, I'd like to know which ones not to use. Thanks for your help!
Oldmics1
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Here on the East side of the US there are a coupla choices.
I personally use Labrandis in Harrisburg Pa - Weblink is below

http://www.carchrome.com/

Wont be cheap BUT it will get done right.

Oldmics
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
I asked a local plater about repairing the chrome at a bolt hole on one end of a rechromed bumper.  He said no, the whole bumper would have to be stripped and rechromed.  I dabbed a little silver paint on the spot and let it go.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
MoonShadow
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I saw this a while back. I have one bolt hole in a rechromed bumper that has some rust on it. Looking for a simple fix I found this. It is a bit expensive though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY0iNcApC8s

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire

Reading This Topic

Site Meter