Profile Picture

At the Spokane Ford Show

Posted By mjs 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
This was actually back in August but I've just been too busy to post lately. The local Ford show is a fairly large show. They have something like 44 classes which cover everything from restorations, survivors, rat rods, and all makes and models. I had decided to enter my convertible which they put me in with the mid 50's Ford/MercuryLincolns. There were a lot of nice cars and I really wasn't expecting to win anything. For me it's not about winning but just the experience. So while I was setting there a lot of people approached me and asked about the car. That's what's great about the 57 convertibles. Not many around and not many people know much about them. At one point several gentlemen were looking at the engine and I could tell that they were confused. I asked if they had any questions and they were curious what the engine was. I told them it was a Y-block. They responded with "That's not a 312". I said its not, it a 368. He then had to argue that a 368 is not a y-block.  
The last picture is Buddy going to the show with me.ard. The Choice Award. It really surprised me. I had to park my car and run back to get it.
Dad and I spent almost 5 years restoring this car. The sad part is he passed away a couple weeks earlier and didn't have a chance to see it win the trophy. He would have been proud of what our hard work and time resulted in.

The last picture is Buddy and I going to the show.  Beagles rock!!!
ATTACHMENTS
IMG_1174.JPG
IMG_1748[1].JPG
IMG_0121.JPG

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/1d5b145a-1c57-4c0d-8bd1-fba5.jpg
miker
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Very nice, and well deserved. I lost my Dad 5 years back, but he started teaching me on a 55 Capri y block.

It’s always fun with the “experts”. I like the ones who tell me it’s not a Ford, because the distributor is at the back.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
mjs
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
That's what's nice about these Lincoln's.  You don't see many driving around and the convertibles are kind of rare.  Only 3700 made in 57.  As a result not many people know much about them and it really attracts attention wherever I go.  With Ford and Merc's there's a lot that is the same but the Lincoln's are a separate story.  Almost nothing is reproduced and what is is expensive.  The steering wheel alone cost me $950 to have re-cast.  The upholstery had to be hand made since no kits are available.  I needed a flex plate.  It's a larger diameter than a regular Y-Block and a used one cost me $300.  We had to cut the floor, rockers, and right quart panel out of a 4dr and splice them in.  This car was a basket case and probably should have been crushed but we could see the potential and had the resources to get her back on the road.  

Here's Dad working on the car.  

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/c9f1b83c-c865-4a10-be02-fbb7.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/1d5b145a-1c57-4c0d-8bd1-fba5.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter