Profile Picture

Classifieds that don't get results

Posted By PF Arcand 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
It pains me to see items offered in this sites classifieds, for a short period, that don't sell & are then tossed out or scrapped by the vendor.!. Many of these parts are no longer made!.. We need to realize that this site doesn't have hundreds of people looking at it daily!  Apparently, at times things are slow here.. There are alternatives, many such as e Bay & Craigs list are well known. However, a reasonably priced alternative related to this site is Y-Block Magazine. An Ad there starts at a very reasonable .10 cents/ word with only a $3.00 minimum!  Hard to beat that!  However, some patience is necessary due to it being a bi-monthly publication. I believe  there are somewhere around 6 to 7 hundred worldwide subcribers. Please give it a whirl before junking rare parts!.. 
The address is @  PO. Box 1005, Ottawa Illinois 61350 USA.  For further info e mail at   yblockmag@yahoo.com        

Paul
62bigwindow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Couldn't agree more. I have more parts than I need because I didn't want to see them scrapped. If I had the cash I'd buy up all that's possible to save them.

Durham Missouri
2721955meteor
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
62bigwindow (12/21/2017)
Couldn't agree more. I have more parts than I need because I didn't want to see them scrapped. If I had the cash I'd buy up all that's possible to save them.

I agree with62 as well listings come and vender has already taken them to a swap meet. I would hopein the future listers give members a bit  of advance warning and list what part of the country,we in bc the west coast wouid not likely bid or by from the east due to frt. i do enjoy the opportunity of the clasifyed . thanks cliff on the west coast bc canada
paul2748
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
I hate to throw anything that is still good away.  I would rather give it to some one if I couldn't sell it.

I had the my stuff up for sale quite awhile ago - no bites.  Then I advertised free for cost of shipping - still no bites.

After about a month, I decided to toss it since there did not seem to be a market for the parts.  After I did, some one bit ??????

It's like losing a part, replacing it and then you find the lost part. !!!!!!

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

1960fordf350
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I think not getting rid of stuff is part of that OID (old iron disease)!    I was raised by my parents to not let go of stuff and to fix what I can.   So I hate to junk/toss anything unless its total garbage.   I've had real good luck selling on Craigslist.   But,  theres always something that never seems to go.   I have some,  it pains me to think that the minute I scrap it, someone will want or need it.   Some of these items ride around on my flatbed truck to shows and cruise-ins.   They are good conversation pieces,  especially to the non mechanic guys who paid to get their ride built.   Others have no use for them.  Still, others will then ask what else I have hidden at home they might be interested in.   So, sometimes it pays in the end.   If I owned my own home and had a bigger garage,  I'd just have double what I have now!!

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2e6780b3-6e07-4836-8bf9-c3da.jpg

mongo
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
I have tried list good things in the past , At fair to better than fair prices here . After awhile , I tack on 20% put it on ebay  , it gets bid up for way more than I list here for the members . I really feel for real pros that offer new products for the yblock  here. John M and Ted do a great job here . I have 10,000 nascar parts , and fool with all the odd engines for fun . I will keep it short not offend anyone .  PO ol Daviehttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/22cf06f6-e2d0-450e-b537-6725.jpg 

Po ol Davie

Sparta , Tn.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter