Profile Picture

55 crown vic windshield

Posted By montana ford man 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (319 reputation)Supercharged (319 reputation)Supercharged (319 reputation)Supercharged (319 reputation)Supercharged (319 reputation)Supercharged (319 reputation)Supercharged (319 reputation)Supercharged (319 reputation)Supercharged (319 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I'm going to replace my windshield on my 55 crown Victoria,I looked at the stainless over the top and not sure how everything comes off.any help would be appreciated.I sure don't want to start destroying my straight stainless trying to figure out how everything comes off. thanks
MoonShadow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
The stainless stays in the rubber until its off. Only the older glass shops can help you but I'd check with them. The stainless is then placed into the new rubber and mounted on the windshield. Trick is to keep it in place as you install the windshield. If you haven't done this before I suggest looking for a shop that can. 

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
stuey
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (836 reputation)Supercharged (836 reputation)Supercharged (836 reputation)Supercharged (836 reputation)Supercharged (836 reputation)Supercharged (836 reputation)Supercharged (836 reputation)Supercharged (836 reputation)Supercharged (836 reputation)

not a crown vic but a f100 pickup, the same idea?
http://midfifty.com/instructions.php?ID=421 
stuey

carl
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
montana ford man (12/16/2017)
I'm going to replace my windshield on my 55 crown Victoria,I looked at the stainless over the top and not sure how everything comes off.any help would be appreciated.I sure don't want to start destroying my straight stainless trying to figure out how everything comes off. thanks
The stainless on the top of the windshield has clips that go through the body.which has retaining nuts that have to be removed from the inside.The upper inner garnish molding needs to come off to get to them  Carl

MoonShadow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
Carl, I thought he was talking about the stainless trim in the windshield molding. Didn't think about that top piece. I just redid mine and found it pretty easy, just remove the inside molding and let the roof liner hang down and there they are. Helps to have someone push on the outside to get the nuts back on some of the pesky short bolts.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
dbird
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Stuey,
The trim locks into the rubber with a lip at the end so it doesn't come out.  Once you cut the weatherstripping and pop the windshield out, the stainless is fairly easy to remove.  Going back on, rubber on the windshield , then trim, then everything on the cab.  My windshield is sitting in the other room waiting for me to finish buffing the paint to be reinstalled if you'd like a pic to see details.
Don
montana ford man
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (319 reputation)Supercharged (319 reputation)Supercharged (319 reputation)Supercharged (319 reputation)Supercharged (319 reputation)Supercharged (319 reputation)Supercharged (319 reputation)Supercharged (319 reputation)Supercharged (319 reputation)

thanks for the help guys. yes I was talking about that big stainless piece above the  windshield. I know  when I put in the windshield on my 56 customline you had to put on the stainless trim on the rubber seal first, then put in the windshield. just not sure how to start the removal of the crown glass.I have found from experience that its best to get good advice before starting a project, ive done a lot of damage before by just jumping in to it;  thanks again 

Reading This Topic

Site Meter