Profile Picture

manual heat control valve and control cable

Posted By Gene Purser 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Pardon me if you have read this post elsewhere. A while back I read on one of the Ford forums I frequent about a "kit" consisting of an in-line cut-off valve and a correct length control cable to connect it to the Magic Aire dash control. This kit bypasses the original temperature control for the heater. I've searched the forums and don't find it. Maybe I'm using the wrong search words. If anyone remembers the thread or the control kit I would appreciate reminding me.
Thanks, Gene
paul2748
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
There is a kit for the early birds.  Not sure if one for the  sedans.

One to call about this is Hill's Restorations in Ohio.  They work on Birds and sedans and they might now if there is a kit for the sedans

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Gene Purser
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)

Thank you Paul. I suppose I can figure out another way to connect the cut off valve to the dash control but it just bugs me that I can't find where I saw the ad for the kit. 
junkyardjeff
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
My 55 had the valve on the firewall that froze up and broke the cable,I did not want to spend big money on replacing it so I got one from a late 60s truck and took the temp cable from a 80s truck without a/c and cut the tabs off where it mounted and it went right on the heater lever and on the valve.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/e912b986-03f2-4147-9580-7e0c.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/50569d45-6665-44ae-8fc3-32ad.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/6c3fcded-2336-4237-b7aa-ce55.jpg

Butchering up everything I can get my hands on in Dayton Ohio
Bobwanna
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (303 reputation)Supercharged (303 reputation)Supercharged (303 reputation)Supercharged (303 reputation)Supercharged (303 reputation)Supercharged (303 reputation)Supercharged (303 reputation)Supercharged (303 reputation)Supercharged (303 reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
To add to Jeff's post . I added a heater to a 56 sedan many years ago and did not want to go to the expense of the original water control set up. My 67 F250 came with an inline water valve which you can get at any auto parts store. I have since replaced the valve in the pix. New one is plastic and was less than $20. If your cable is not broken it should work with this valve.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/082bd9dd-928e-4f77-86ba-00af.jpg

AKA   Bob-93021
Gene Purser
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Jeff, that is what I'm looking for. I have the plastic valve, I need the cable to reach from my control to the valve. I'll investigate the '80s pickup cable.
thank you.
bobwanna, my existing temp cable only goes to the heater plenum where it did operate a vacuum valve (I think). 

Thanks for your suggestions. 
junkyardjeff
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
I took the cable from a 80 to 86 truck without a/c,its the cable that controls the temp and not the heat and defrost functions.

Butchering up everything I can get my hands on in Dayton Ohio

Reading This Topic

Site Meter