Profile Picture

y in the rear

Posted By 314 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (430 reputation)Supercharged (430 reputation)Supercharged (430 reputation)Supercharged (430 reputation)Supercharged (430 reputation)Supercharged (430 reputation)Supercharged (430 reputation)Supercharged (430 reputation)Supercharged (430 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
i sold a 292 last week but the guy wanted me to deliver it.i dont have a truck and hated to bug someone.i drive a 93 crown vic ive had some big loads in the trunk before and started to wonder.the engine was complete manifolds and the works.friday i went out and took the trunk cover of and set it in.the flippied the dummy spare upside down and sat the base into it to distribute the weight.i put the trunk back on and it closed.didnt think the carb would clear.it started to rain and blow and i had 120 miles to go.kind of a hairy trip but no problem for the old crown-f150.i was wroth it to see the look on those guys faces when i landed with it.it was a real 60s trip.we often did this stuff back when.4.6 up front and a y for backup.
MoonShadow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
That's real Enginenuity!!

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
"Engineuity" + "motorvation" = results!

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
MoonShadow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Off brand but while I was stationed in Hawaii I had a 41 Ford convertible lead sled. The engine was a tired 283 (bad brand). I was a regular at the local dirt track and was offered an old scrub race engine with a fresh rebuild. It was a 283 with a 327 crank so it would make a lot of RPM. I had no way to carry it but remembered the size of the 41's trunk. Found a piece of plywood for support and put the complete engine, on its side, in the trunk. I rode around there for several months before I did the swap. Smile So been there done that! This is not my car but except for the fender skirts and rear bumper, oh yes the paint job (same color but much better job) this is what mine looked like. Even had the brake cooling scoops on the front of the rear fenders.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/cdf72404-ee81-4f98-969f-62c5.jpg

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Meandean
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
In HS a buddy of my brother's had a true K-Code mustang fastback.  And proceeded to ruin the engine.  While it still ran poorly, he went to a junkyard and bought a run of the mill 289. To get it home he sat it in on the floor in the backseat.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter