Profile Picture

FOR SALE - C2AE-A connecting rods (8)

Posted By cos 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Hello  Eight  C2AE-A  rods for sale.  No spun bearings but are used, so sold as cores.  $100.00 shipped in USA in flat rate box.  Look at pictures in Eugene Oregon Craigs list  auto parts by owner. Or call  Bill  in Oregon  541 942 468five Pacfic time.
NoShortcuts
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Some Forum followers may not be familiar with what Cos is offering in the listing above.

FoMoCo used EBU connecting rods in 239, 256, 272, and 292 y-block engines from '54 - '61.  For production years 1962 - 1964 Ford went to a re-designed connecting rod for standard 292 engine applications. The C2AE connecting rods are considered to be stronger than the EBU connecting rods they replaced.  The center-to-center distance is the same as the earlier EBU rods, but the weight is greater.  EBU rods weight 680 grams while the C2AE rods weigh 695 grams.

The above info. is from John Mummert's web site.  Click the link below to see John's chart on connecting rod (and other) technical data . . .
http://www.ford-y-block.com/dimensions.htm

Hope this helps!   Smile 

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
Rono
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Charlie;
I'm not sure where the extra weight is on the C2AE rods, but I heard they have a more stout journal end. I also heard that these rods were matched with the later C2AE truck blocks which are preferred for performance builds. For this reason I have used C2AE rods in my 56 Customline with a C2AE Block. What do you think?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

NoShortcuts
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Rono.  I'm rusty on this.  I'm thinking that '62 was the last year that the y-block 292 was used in Ford and Mercury passenger cars.  292 'standard duty' y-blocks continued to be used in Ford trucks through the 1964 model year. 

I believe that Ted Eaton has written that there was a casting change made to C1AE and C2AE engine blocks that were produced from '61 through '64.  I do not know IF there is any difference between the 1961 C1AE and the 1962-1964 C2AE blocks.  My recollection is reading of a change in the pan rail and main bearing web areas, BUT I'm not clear on exactly what was done other than the use of more metal.  My recollection is that all of the y-blocks Ted has built intended for entering in the Engine Masters Competition have been C1AE or C2AE blocks.

The Ford 292 HD Truck engines were produced from '61 through '64 and used a forged steel crank coupled with the C1TE connecting rods.  You may recall that this particular engine was 'different' because the C1TE rods were the same center-to-center length as the ECZ rods used in the longer stroke 312 engines from 1956 - 1960.
Ford re-designed the connecting rod for the 292 HD Truck engine applications. The C1TE connecting rods are considered to be stronger than the ECZ connecting rods.  The center-to-center distance is the same as the earlier ECZ rods, but the weight is greater.  ECZ rods weight 638 grams while the C1TE rods weigh 663 grams.  To use the C1TE shorter center-to-center rods in the 292 HD Truck engine, Ford used a different piston that had a different compression height (pin height in the skirt).  While the 272, 292 standard duty, and 312 pistons had a piston pin height of 1.768 inches, the 292 HD Truck piston applications had a pin height of 1.830 inches.  Yes.  My understanding is that the C2AE 292 connecting rods are stronger by design in the journal end.  Too, the C1TE 292 HD Truck engine connecting rods are an excellent replacement for the ECZ 312 engine rods because they are stronger by design in the journal end.

I know of no differences between the 272, 292 Ford, Mercury, and Edsel cast iron crankshafts produced by FoMoCo from 1955 through production year 1964.  However, Ted Eaton or John Mummert may have more knowledge about this engine component than I do.

Credit again to John Mummert's web site for the above technical data.  Click the link below to view this and other technical data John has assembled . . .
http://www.ford-y-block.com/dimensions.htm

Rono.  IF you are toying with putting together a 292 with a forged steel crank to deal with a Roots type blower set-up, get back to me on what you lack.   Smile
The C1TE forged crank with a set of C2AE rods would be a GooD combination in a 292 block.  Remember that the late '59 and '60 B9AE 6015-F, '61 C1AE, and '62-'64 C2AE 292 engine blocks all used the longer crankshaft main cap bolts that were not used on the earlier '54 - early '59 engine blocks.

Regards,
Charlie 

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
cos
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)

Hello  Still have rods.  Price includes shipping in USA.
brandon672288
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (29 reputation)Normally aspirated (29 reputation)Normally aspirated (29 reputation)Normally aspirated (29 reputation)Normally aspirated (29 reputation)Normally aspirated (29 reputation)Normally aspirated (29 reputation)Normally aspirated (29 reputation)Normally aspirated (29 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
any chance you still have these?
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
If Bill doesn't still have the rods, let me know.  I have a used set.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
cos
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thank for reply  The rods were sold to a fella in SE USA. Thanks  Bill  Oregon
brandon672288
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (29 reputation)Normally aspirated (29 reputation)Normally aspirated (29 reputation)Normally aspirated (29 reputation)Normally aspirated (29 reputation)Normally aspirated (29 reputation)Normally aspirated (29 reputation)Normally aspirated (29 reputation)Normally aspirated (29 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Yes sir...I am interested. My rebuilder said that three of mine are worn more than he likes and asked if I can find a few more. If I buy your set, surely he can find three that he likes most. What kind of cost will I be looking at for rods plus shipping?
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Brandon, I think your rebuilder will like all 8 of these.  I can match the price for the rods, but need an address to estimate shipping cost.  I am in east central Indiana.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter