Profile Picture

56 Mercury Turn Signal Switch

Posted By lalkie 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I have a 56 merc montclair with a burned out signal light switch.  My book indicates the part number for the switch is FDT 14486-A.  Lincoln Mercury Old Parts Store has a NOS switch for $175.00.  Macs list a 56 ford switch  B8A-13341-A that says Ford only.  I contacted them.  They indicated it would probably work.  Has anyone used this switch on a 56 Mercury?  Part number FEK-14486-A indicates it will fit a 57 Ford  and looks exactly like the 56 Ford one and my 56 Mercury including the same color wires.  Does anyone know what the difference FEK an FDT.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Larry 

Larry
lalkie
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I purchased the B8A-13341-A from Dennis Carpenter and installed it in the 56 mercury.  I had to grind of a plastic insert on the top of the switch and it fit the original screws holes.  The wires were the same color and worked well.  The switch seems to work fine.  I had the choice of purchasing a $175.00 NOS switch or an $80.00 one from Dennis Carpenter.  Larry

Larry
paul2748
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Good to see that things worked out.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter