Profile Picture

FI Tech EFI

Posted By jercaschef100 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Has anyone used the new FI Tech EFI system on a y block?  If you have, how did it perform?

1964 F100 292 T-98

Western ND
scicala
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (68 reputation)Turbocharged (68 reputation)Turbocharged (68 reputation)Turbocharged (68 reputation)Turbocharged (68 reputation)Turbocharged (68 reputation)Turbocharged (68 reputation)Turbocharged (68 reputation)Turbocharged (68 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I talked to a guy this summer at car show, and he was very pleased with how his FI Tech performed. That's the only person I know of with it.
Sal

Bob Gardner
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
All of these carb replacement EFI systems work really well.  Some systems require a little more work than others.  Two things to consider when looking into these type of systems are what kind of modifications will be required on the fuel system and locating the ECU,  I have an Edelbrock EFI unit on my 292 Y Block that I am happy with.  However if the Holly Sniper unit would have been available when I bought mine, I would have bought it instead.  Everything in buit into the EFI throttle body and is a 4 wire hook up.  Plus its appearance is hard to tell it isn't a carb.
Y block guy
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (104 reputation)Supercharged (104 reputation)Supercharged (104 reputation)Supercharged (104 reputation)Supercharged (104 reputation)Supercharged (104 reputation)Supercharged (104 reputation)Supercharged (104 reputation)Supercharged (104 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I have fi tech on my 312 and love it. Mine took a little extra to tune because of the cam profile and ported heads. 320 horse and I picked up 2 mpg. Best part is no soot at rear of car like I had with carb.
jercaschef100
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Also noticed Holley has the Sniper EFI.  My truck runs ok but I do get a lot of the soot at the back.

1964 F100 292 T-98

Western ND

Reading This Topic

Site Meter