Profile Picture

Dropping a Lincoln Y in place of a 292, Does it fit?

Posted By Shaggy 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I stumbled across a cragar adapter to put a 368 lincoln Y up to a 49-64 ford transmission and a friend offer a clean '56 lincoln motor within an hour of each other at the last swapmeet. I paid $50 for the adapter and he's offering the mill for $150. 

Now i daily a '59 fairlane with a 292 and i was looking for a spare 312 to keep incase bad things happen to the stock motor, so i'm wondering how much issues i'd have shoehorning the lincoln in instead.
Small block
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
     My buddy's  brother  had a 1958 Meteor  With a 383  Mel engine so  there shouldn`t  be a room problem. But the  Lincoln  Y is a different animal than a MEL Fit would be trial and error. 
Ted
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 days ago
The prices definitely sound right.  The LYB engines are physically larger than the Y but seeing as how the ’59 Fords accommodated the FE engines without a problem, then the LYB engine is also expected to fit within the confines of the engine bay.  The normal stuff like exhausts, fan to radiator clearance, radiator hoses, oil filter, and motor mounts may have to be altered to get the engine properly situated in the engine compartment.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

RB
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
A Cragar adapter for a Lincoln for 50 bucks might qualify as the buy of a lifetime.. You might offer that baby for sale and make yourself a very nice profit. Someone wanting to duplicate a 57 M-335 Mercury would pay up for that part..
Shaggy
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)

RB (10/8/2017)
A Cragar adapter for a Lincoln for 50 bucks might qualify as the buy of a lifetime.. You might offer that baby for sale and make yourself a very nice profit. Someone wanting to duplicate a 57 M-335 Mercury would pay up for that part..

I've heard there were used in that application. Mine has any id'ing marks ground off, so i was wondering if ford did that?
RB
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
There was another adapter made by a company called Cook or McCook that Mercury used... I am thinking those had no markings on them..
harley
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Time Poster

First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)

I want that adapter ! Do you still have it ? Name your price ! I need it for putting a 368 in a '37 Lincoln. Email me at mytankisfull@hotmail.com  I have 427 stuff if you want to trade instead of cash. 
1960fordf350
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have a Lincoln yblock bellhousing.   Came off  of a 332 and had a 5 speed clark behind it.   I also have rams horns exhaust from that same engine.  Let me know if your interested.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2e6780b3-6e07-4836-8bf9-c3da.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter