Profile Picture

Water pump pulley

Posted By Butch Lawson 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I am in need of a water pump pulley for a car pump.  I have 3 pulleys and all three have the large hole for a truck pump.  Looking for a car pump with the smaller center hole.  Thanks.

Butch Lawson

Manchester,  TN

Ted
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 days ago
I’m assuming you need the pulley that has the 5/8” pilot hole.  It would be helpful if you can give a depth measurement for the pulley you need.  Turning the pulley upside down on the table and measuring the distance from the table to the middle of the belt groove would be the measurement I would be looking for.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

carl
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Butch I still have a few pulleys left I advertised on this site not long ago,just let me know the size and pulley width you need  Carl
Butch Lawson
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)

The pulley I am looking for will have the 5/8" pilot hole in the center and measures 2 1/8" to the center of the belt groove.  Would like to have a 5" diameter, but  will take six.  Just curious to know:  Is there a small block, or any other pulley that will interchange?

Butch Lawson

Manchester,  TN

charliemccraney
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
There probably is a small block pulley or other that will work.  The shaft size and bolt pattern is very common so all you have to do is find one with the correct offset or an offset that you can shim for correct belt alignment.  Aftermarket or other than stock is probably the only choice, if you want a 5-6" pulley.

Lawrenceville, GA
carl
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Butch the smallest diameter car pulley I have is 6 1/2 and its a 3/8' grove    Carl
Butch Lawson
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks everybody.  I think I'm going to shim a small block (302) pulley.

Butch Lawson

Manchester,  TN

Bobwanna
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (303 reputation)Supercharged (303 reputation)Supercharged (303 reputation)Supercharged (303 reputation)Supercharged (303 reputation)Supercharged (303 reputation)Supercharged (303 reputation)Supercharged (303 reputation)Supercharged (303 reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
Butch, I thought for sure I had a 5" 302 pulley in my part cabinet. It was a D1AE-85009-AA single pulley. It measures 6" dia. The offset was 2.5" per Teds method. I have 2 other 302 vehicles and pulleys on both of them are 6". The 72 car is single pulley and the 68 is double pulley. I think you are the right track with shimming the pulley. If you find a 5" sbf pulley I would be interested in the part number.

AKA   Bob-93021
Butch Lawson
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Bob,

The pulley I am going to use is a D8AE-8509-AA from a 302.  It's a 6 inch pulley.  I couldn't find any 5" pulleys either.  This one is a little deep, but I am spacing it out.

Butch Lawson

Manchester,  TN

Reading This Topic

Site Meter