Profile Picture

VIN/Serial number locations

Posted By Mortimer452 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (52 reputation)Turbocharged (52 reputation)Turbocharged (52 reputation)Turbocharged (52 reputation)Turbocharged (52 reputation)Turbocharged (52 reputation)Turbocharged (52 reputation)Turbocharged (52 reputation)Turbocharged (52 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I recently inherited a 1956 Mercury Monterey from a family member.  Long story short, it's been passed around the family for the past few decades, never really driven much, no one is certain where or even what state the title was last issued in.
I live in Kansas, bill of sale only on antique vehicles is fine here, however, if no title is available they have to do a VIN inspection.  Been awhile since I did this, but last I remember one of the requirements is that they have to be able to find the same VIN stamped in the vehicle in TWO separate places or they issue it as a salvage/rebuilt title.  The car is original, so I'd rather have a clean title.
Plate on the door is easy enough to find, but what other location can I find a serial# that matches the door plate?
Rudder2fly
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
My 1956 Ford is stamped on the frame rail under the battery box. I had a 1941 Ford that was stamped on the drivers side of the front frame rail.

56 VIC  Gene Stoehr Sr.
paul2748
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
My 56 Bird had the plate on the firewall and the number stamped in the passenger side top of the  frame rail, near the upper A-arm.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter