Profile Picture

T5 install question

Posted By Rowen 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I have my motor stabbed with the T5 hung on it. I am preping to rework the original auto trans mount. My question is should the trans be centered between the frame rails? I have 17 7/8" on the driver side and 18 5/8" on passenger side. When I move it to center it wants to come back to its current position. I don't want to put anything in a bind thus my question. I cannot find an answer in my searches. Any help/info will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
miker
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Do you still have the side mounts and the front steady rest? Maybe loosening them up will let things move a bit, and then tighten down in the new position. The important thing if I understand u joints right is the axis (both up down and left right) should be parallel. If so, that would mean having the rear end cocked. I'm assuming here the front pulley is centered, and so the engine trans is not parallel to the frame.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Vic Correnti
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I do believe the motor and transmission are offset because of the rear end (ring and pinion)..

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/7393d096-cbf0-4ed0-bfdc-c4b0.jpg  Vic Correnti

Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thanks for the replies fellas. Actually I have it corrected. More of a brain fart than anything else. I only double checked what I had before posting. While waiting I went under and triple checked. Seams I was hanging my tape up on a exhaust hanger. I paid a little more attention this time, (I thought I had) and all is well turns out it was a 1/4" out. I can make up an 1/8". Being a carpenter you'd think I would have done better the first time. Thanks for the replies again. It all helps
Rowen

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca

Reading This Topic

Site Meter