Profile Picture

1954 Mercury Monterrey

Posted By mars54 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi, I need a turn signal switch and the lens for my dash. I was told by a reliable source that the Ford switch is different from the Mercury. Looking for sources to purchase these items any suggestions is appreciated.Thanks
. http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/8be26102-fbe7-423b-8023-1ce3.jpgMario

PF Arcand
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
That could be a toughy..Suggest you also repost as a wanted in the "classifieds" here

Paul
mrmike
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hi, I have quite a few 54 merc parts, but not the turn signal switch.    I don't know what you mean on the dash lens, because the turn signal indicator is built in to the cluster assembly.  If it doesn't work, it is either a bulb problem or it is not getting the power signal.  Hope this helps.   Mike
Dobie
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
You might contact these folks: http://lincolnoldparts.com/ . Don't let the name put you off, they also have Merc parts. 
paul2748
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
.Google Mercury Clubs or Mercury parts  and see what comes up

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

mrmike
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)

Does either signal light work?    How was the switch checked ?   I am wondering if you had changed out your flasher, which would be an easy step. it is up under the dash by the fuse panel, which is a pain to get to.  I installed a new "modern" fuse panel just above the kick panel on the drivers side. One of the best things I did.
    Also , if you or anyone has been up under the dash , doing some work, it is easy for to move around wires & the bulb  socket for the signal light to pop out. Then you would not see the light flashing.......  hope this helps.   I have some gauge cluster parts..........  Mike

mars54
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)

Hi Mike,
I guess I need to clarify, rear right brake light doesn't work. All bulbs were checked all other including dash indicators turn on/off when the turn signals are engaged. I was told this is an indication of the turn signal not working. As for the lens its the class for the dash in the photo there's a crack in the speedo area I was looking for replacement lens for the dash cluster. Gages have recently been worked on and speedo calibrated. Thanks for all the responses I will try the recommendations.Mario

mrmike
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Hi Mario,  I have a dash lens. PM me about it.   The instrument cluster will have to be all unhooked, taken out & taken apart to replace the lens. I also noticed your gauge needles are white because the red faded off them thru the years.  I repainted mine very CAREFULLY !!   You have to put something under them , & the right thickness so they don't move to paint them...........I mentioned this in case you would consider it ,when you have it all apart............    Mike
mars54
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Hi Mike, I had the gages converted to 12V and they painted the needles while they were there.I'm interested in the lens. I will attempt the PM. Thanks

Lanny White
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Mars54, I too had trouble with my right rear turn/stop light.  All indications were a bad ground as the lamp would glow but not brightly and other lamps in the turn circuit acted inappropriately.  I finally found crossed wires in the front turn signal junction block (right front corner at the cross-over wire loom) where left and right were plugged into the same connection.  I had a new wiring harness and was able to trouble-shoot with wire color code.  I simply pulled the incorrectly placed wire and moved it to the correct hole in the j-block.   Maybe this will help.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter