Profile Picture

Holley transfer slot adjustment

Posted By geo56 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Thanks for the illustration. After looking at it I went outside and pulled my carb off, turned it upside down, set the manual choke wide open, backed off the fast idle screw and observed that the primary idle slots were square shaped with the idle screw against the stop. Question: I then examined the secondary butterflies and could not even see the tops of the slots. I did press down gently on the secondary butterflies and felt a little slack and could barely see the tops of the slots when i pushed down. I did also notice the tiny recessed flat head screw that is the adjustor. Know, while I have the carb upside down , do I need to adjust the secondary butterflies to reveal a small square in the slots to match what I did to the primaries?  Hope this makes sense.
Joe-JDC
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
geo56 (7/27/2017)
Thanks for the illustration. After looking at it I went outside and pulled my carb off, turned it upside down, set the manual choke wide open, backed off the fast idle screw and observed that the primary idle slots were square shaped with the idle screw against the stop. Question: I then examined the secondary butterflies and could not even see the tops of the slots. I did press down gently on the secondary butterflies and felt a little slack and could barely see the tops of the slots when i pushed down. I did also notice the tiny recessed flat head screw that is the adjustor. Know, while I have the carb upside down , do I need to adjust the secondary butterflies to reveal a small square in the slots to match what I did to the primaries?  Hope this makes sense.

If you will read my answer again please note that idle speed adjustment settings are SUPPOSED to be controlled by the secondary butterflies, not the primary.  You will never get a holley to idle correctly with the secondaries closed and the primaries opened like you state.  The whole object of setting up a holley starts with the secondary throttle blade adjustment showing ~.020" of the slot under the secondary butterflies.  .020" will be nearly square, hence the ease of eyeballing by just getting the slot to look square. 

JDC
Talkwrench
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
yes

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/02c74785-3ce2-4b80-a66c-f31f.jpg

"Came too close to dying to stop living now!"

Reading This Topic

Site Meter