Profile Picture

Fuel Pressure Gauge.

Posted By slumlord444 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
I had installed a Summit oil filled gauge. It worked when cold but went to 0 when the engine compartment heated up. Calle Summit Tech and they said none of them work when hot. Sent it back. Did a little research on Amazon looking for one that works. and Mr. Gasket said to ice it down when hot to get a good reading. Some others say they have a vent on the guage and you need to vent the guage when hot to get a reading. Any suggestions on one that works? I have my old  vaccum/fuel pressure guage hooked up temporarly  and it works but is not a permanent solution. The guage is mounted on the frame where the fuel line ends up on my T Bird,
oldcarmark
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 7 days ago
I bought a Mr. Gasket that lasted about a Day. Junk. Bought a basic non Liquid  "Marshall" on Ebay. Been working fine for about 4 Years. Mounted in Fuel Line just prior to Carb. USA Made I believe.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
charliemccraney
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
Many of them do not work when hot.  I have a Summit and Russell.  Both are perfect when cold, but nothing when hot.  Both were fluid filled and both leaked the fluid and are no longer fluid filled.

Lawrenceville, GA
Kahuna
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I have a small (about 1") diameter gauge that i got from my local NAPA store. It has worked fine for the last 6 years.
0-15#, fuel pressure at 5#. No problems yet
DANIEL TINDER
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
There was a short article in the latest 'EarlyBird' (CTCI) club magazine re: an outfit that does Holley teapot rebuilds, who's website supposedly contains info claiming that modern ethanol gas only requires about half the fuel pressure put out by 50s era mechanical pumps, so the author had installed a pressure regulator & gauge. The article didn't mention what the negative consequences of too much pressure might be (my Holley 4000 & orig. type vac. assist pump combo runs just fine), and that rebuilder's website wouldn't work for me. Could anyone shed light on this issue?

6 VOLTS/POS. GRD. NW INDIANA
slumlord444
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Two much pressure will overload the needle and seat and cause flooding. That was the problem I was having. Pressure regulator and adjusting the fuel pressure to 5 pounds seems to have corrected it. The shop manual calls for 3 1/2 to 5 pounds max. Concensus here is that 5 pounds will work on the E setup and so far my experience confirms that.
C.E. Carroll
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
The shop that overhauled and tested my Holley gave me the same info on ethanol.  I installed the pressure regulator and after over a year all is well.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter