Profile Picture

Norwalk

Posted By MoonShadow 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Why is it so quiet on here. Isn't Norwalk this weekend? I'm getting a late start and will be in Thursday night about 8 or 9PM. Will hit the hotel and get up and head to the track Friday AM. Hope the lines aren't too long. I have another Y's guy from New Hampshire riding along. Jim Ratta, we haven't met yet except on the phone but he is coming up tomorrow to head out. Bringing a few odds and ends for sale but no gold. I haven't spun the tires on the new motor and have no idea what to expect. Probably tire spin and wheel hop. I do need some traction devices and slicks. We'll you'se that are coming I'll see your Friday, those what aren't Why is it so quiet on here. Isn't Norwalk this weekend? I'm getting a late start and will be in Thursday night about 8 or 9PM. Will hit the hotel and get up and head to the track Friday AM. Hope the lines aren't too long. I have another Y's guy from New Hampshire riding along. Jim Ratta, we haven't met yet except on the phone but he is coming up tomorrow to head out. Bringing a few odds and ends for sale but no gold. I haven't spun the tires on the new motor and have no idea what to expect. Probably tire spin and wheel hop. I do need some traction devices and slicks. We'll you'se that are coming I'll see your Friday, those what aren't  maybe next year!Crying  maybe next year!

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
charliemccraney
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I don't say much, anyway.  I'm sure some are on the road already and others are getting ready.

I should be there at about the same time.  I wanted to leave earlier since it is about 1 1/2 hours  farther but that didn't work out.

You won't be able to leave hard but once you get it moving, it should do well.  I'm looking forward to seeing it in action.

Lawrenceville, GA
MoonShadow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

I wound it out a little the other day and the AOD shift points will take some adjusting and getting used to. But in first gear I was a 6 grand before I knew it. I'm thinking of shifting at around 5.5 but? Ted will have that info. Talk about a smooth deal. I never installed a engine that had dyno runs on it. Darn thing starts right up, actually touching the gas can sometimes cause problems so first try I just let the pump catch up and vroom it goes. I did finally test the 2d gear theory and apparently the AOD is like the Ford O Matic in that you wind out in low up shift into second and pull it back to low to lock in 2d. I was a bit reluctant to try it jamming back into low and finding you are back in low can do some weird stuff. See ya Friday.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

Rono
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Chuck;

The blower set-up in your 56 looks GREAT. Really nice job. Can I ask how much boost you are running and what your pulley set-up/ratio is? Are you planning on leaving the hood off permanently or are you going to cut it to fit?  Good luck!

Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

Ol Ford Guy
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Norwalk News?

Paul J. - '57 E Code
LordMrFord
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Moonshadow: Why is it so quiet on here?

Damn facebook!

Hyvinkää, FI
charliemccraney
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Harry Hutton Won the Saturday shootout.
David Fuszner won Sunday.
David was also runner up for Nostalgia on Saturday.
John Feistritzer was runner up in Nostalgia for Sunday.  Dave  also made it pretty far again.  I was hoping for a Y-Block final in Nostalgia but it didn't happen.

Bob bell let the smoke out of his wires on Saturday.
Larry Short blew up his rear end on Sunday.

Chuck Cline didn't have to work on his car for once!

Lawrenceville, GA
Vic Correnti
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
Larry Short has become the latest to fail the strength of a Ford 9" behind a Y-Block.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/7393d096-cbf0-4ed0-bfdc-c4b0.jpg  Vic Correnti

Larry Short
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Vic, the first thing I thought about when I saw the broken rear end was next week I'll be setting on top of one! Larry
MoonShadow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Rono, Right now I'm under driven at about .98 reversing  them would add about 40hp. That's a bit more than I was ready for this weekend. I did get a 15.7 on Sunday in my last  time trial.

Y's guys rule!

Reading This Topic

Site Meter