Profile Picture

Independence day

Posted By Rowen 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Happy Independence Day to all!! What's say we all take a minute to reflect on just what our founders did on this day. What a great nation was imagined by those brave forward thinking men. My thanks, so inadequate, to them and the countless others that have worked, fought, and died for this country to continue on. Again, I wish you all a happy and grateful INDEPENDANCE DAY!!!!

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
Lord Gaga
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/how-to-be-patriotic-in-trumps-america-w490449

"FREE SAMPLE"
Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

You lost me...?!? Purpose?

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
Lord Gaga
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)

My point is; "How do you love a country where nearly half the people who went to the voting booth chose a man who campaigned on fear and hate? How do you love a country where the majority of our elected representatives are arguing over how many millions of its citizens should have their health care stripped from them?" etc. etc. I guess the purpose of my post was to point out that America is becoming un-great and there is hope for the future if 'we the people' fight for justice and don't stick our heads in the sand and just let it happen.

"FREE SAMPLE"
Daniel Jessup
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Rowen (7/4/2017)
Happy Independence Day to all!! What's say we all take a minute to reflect on just what our founders did on this day. What a great nation was imagined by those brave forward thinking men. My thanks, so inadequate, to them and the countless others that have worked, fought, and died for this country to continue on. Again, I wish you all a happy and grateful INDEPENDANCE DAY!!!!

Rowen, you are finding out by the lack of replies and by Lord Gaga's post that it is hard to be on any forum and post something like this - things turn political very quickly unfortunately. I am with you in what you said. I was, and continue to be, thankful for what we have and thankful for those who have sacrificed down through the years. I was able to celebrate when I didn't agree with Clinton, didn't agree with Bush, certainly didn't agree with Obama and Obamacare, and even in the midst of Trump who pulls some stupid stunts I love the USA. One individual, one party, or one politician does not speak for me, and none of these guys I've seen have been a good representative of my demographic. 

As far as posting things about our United States, our heroes, and the greatness of our nation... I was surprised one time back when I posted something during Memorial Day or Veteran's Day (can't remember which), and we had one fella extremely upset - he even "left the forum" - when I thanked the veterans here in the US and around the WORLD who had fought to keep people free from tyranny and oppression. Go figure.

Yes - I have no problem celebrating. 

Now pass the popcorn.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

62bigwindow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Well said Dan. I couldn't agree more. While I almost never talk politics with anyone I will add if you think this country is so bad go live in another for a year. Then come back and tell me how bad it is. The current administration may not be to everyone's liking but,you have to remember they were voted in by us. The founding fathers set it up so we had a say in it. Like it or not.

Durham Missouri
Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks guys
It was never meant to be a political statement. Just a thought on the founding of the most free, most benevolent, most inclusive country in the history of the world. I personally am proud and grateful, and very lucky to have been born an American.

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
miker
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
Rowen, I had a housefull of people, so I didn't respond. I couldn't have said it as well as you did. Thank you.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Lord Gaga
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Glad we had this discussion.
I will now switch my brain off, stop worrying about our country's future and chant: USA! USA! USA!
Pass the Freedom Fries!!!!!!!

"FREE SAMPLE"

Reading This Topic

Site Meter