Profile Picture

What's a 55 T-Bird Tach Drive Distributor worth?

Posted By oldcarmark 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
I been offered a Collection of good used and NOS Parts for a 55 T-Bird. Car was sold and purchaser didn't want to buy the Spare Parts. One of the Items is a rebuilt unused Tach Drive Distributor. Can One of the T-Bird Owners give Me an Idea of what its worth $$. I would be re-selling this Collection as individual Items. Not sure of the Value of the Distributor. Thanks

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
NoShortcuts
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Oldcarmark.  Ebay will give you a good idea of how prices run on many things.  I used their search engine and entered '1955 1956 Thunderbid tach drive distributor'.
Click the link below to see the current results.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2055119.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X1955+1956+Thunderbird+tach+drive+distributor.TRS0&_nkw=1955+1956+Thunderbird+tach+drive+distributor&_sacat=0

Hope this helps.   Smile

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
paul2748
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Those prices are crazy.  57's used to sell for around 600.00, you couldn't give the 55's and 56's away.  I had a 56 that I sold and got around 100 bucks for - tried for about a year to sell it. The guy was desperate as his went sour.  Note that the only one that is up for bid (not a buy it now) has no bids and is one of the lowest priced ones - free shipping too.

The reason that the 55's and 56's were that way was because the owners were converting to the 57's when they changed carbs.  That's what I did, only I modified the teapot to use the 57 distributor

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

DANIEL TINDER
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
oldcarmark (6/27/2017)
I been offered a Collection of good used and NOS Parts for a 55 T-Bird. Car was sold and purchaser didn't want to buy the Spare Parts. One of the Items is a rebuilt unused Tach Drive Distributor. Can One of the T-Bird Owners give Me an Idea of what its worth $$. I would be re-selling this Collection as individual Items. Not sure of the Value of the Distributor. Thanks

If it's in mint condition, someone with a near-winning concours show car may pay through the nose to upgrade. Also, some of the Bird parts suppliers list core & rebuilt prices in their catalogs.

6 VOLTS/POS. GRD. NW INDIANA

Reading This Topic

Site Meter